M&M Photo Album

M&M

This will document my experience with Hair Transplants... Let's start with where I am today.

7861054612_EA45BD539C4F8286059794BEC27BDE1C.jpg.thumb 6861054612_8F2EC4F4001BA0625A2AAE3C09EC1EF0.jpg.thumb 5861054612_5A5C6D3CB73D54A50F916EC146709D54.jpg.thumb

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Have you had an HT before? IMO if I had your hair I wouldn't be concerned about much. What are you wanting to accomplish?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Yes I have ... and that is both good and bad. The reality is that since it was from Bosley, it did provide good thickness, but the hairline is not 'realistic' enough, so that is what I hope to achieve.

M&M Weblog

Hi M&M,

From your last picture I can see what you mean about wanting a more natural hairline. I think any of the top doctors mentioned on this site could easily fix that hairline up and have it looking extremely natural.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hi Gorpy! Thanks for the reply. It's amazing how much information I have gathered in the few short weeks since I found this site. Congratulations to Pat (for founding this site) and to everyone who contributes. Wow - what a difference it makes!! For the first time in quite some while I feel both sad and happy. Sad that I never found this information earlier but happy that I have at least found it now and intend to act on the good information and go to a good doctor.

M&M Weblog

Hi M&M, Did you have Micro and Mini grafts in your HT? If yes what is the size of the grafts? How many total number of grafts did you have? Could you please provide any pre op pictures?

Ravi Vide

Originally posted by M&M:

Sad that I never found this information earlier

Welcome to the club.

I think a lot of us are in the same boat, had a bad HT experience and then started browsing the Internet for information. Biggest mistake in my life was to rush to the first HT outfit I found. Until last week I had a big scar to remind me of that mistake. Now thank God (and Dr Epstein!) it will be easier to "forget" it.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Hi Jagdish,

I (sadly) did - yes. They were Mini & Mico (hence M&M) grafts from Bosley. I had a few small surgeries over several years, with each about 100 to 400 in total. Virtually all were 1-2 hairs, with a few 3-4 further behind the hairline. I'd say about 80%+ were 1-2 hairs, though. I don't have any 'before' pictures per se, as I got the HT's to stay ahead of my balding. I only wish that the after looked as good as the before.

M&M Weblog

Hi Hairworthy. Who was your bad HT with? First step for me will be to reinforce my hairline, with the second step to minimize the donor scar.

M&M Weblog

• 1 month later...

I have my appointment now booked with Shapiro in May. I'm excited, yet nervous as I now realize how premature and uninformed I was with going with Bosley in the past. Oh how I wish I waited! But I'm excited at the prospect of 1000 - 2000 grafts that will thicken the hairline and allow me to style it any way I desire. The downside - recovery time. But I'm hoping my existing hair will cover up the transplants. I'll continue to provide photos pre & post the procedure.

M&M Weblog