Follow my online diary

Hi All,

This is my first posting at this site. After much consideration i am having a HT on June 5th and have created an online website to follow my journey.

Im based in London and there arent many active case studies so i though t a web site would be a good place for info for potential patients.

Im 25yo, male and a norwood 3.

All booked and confirmed and really excited about having it done!

Andy

Note - Link to outside promotional website/blog removed by the forum moderator.

Hi All,

This is my first posting at this site. After much consideration i am having a HT on June 5th and have created an online website to follow my journey.

Im based in London and there arent many active case studies so i though t a web site would be a good place for info for potential patients.

Im 25yo, male and a norwood 3.

All booked and confirmed and really excited about having it done!

Andy

Note - Link to outside promotional website/blog removed by the forum moderator.

Hello andyuk,

Welcome to the forums.

So who are you having an HT with on June 5th? How many grafts are you going for? Where are you on the Norwood scale? Age? Family history of hairloss? Any pictures you can post for us?

I went to the above website but it seems to be a site where multiple people can post.

I hope you will be willing to post your journey on THIS site with us by creating a weblog or a photo album with your experience and photos. Let me know if I can assist you in any way.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I am a norwood 3, I'm bordering 26 years and both granfather and dad both are about a 3 also. Heres hoping i stop there too!

This is my first procedure and I have chosen DHI. The reason for creating the webiste is that there are no real research tools for people seekinh hairloss solutions in the UK and Europe.

Im all booked in for the 5th June. Im having 1500 initially and i think what i am seeking is not unrealistic, so i may have another 500 later in the year, I guess it just depends on the first outcome.

Andy

Hi Spex,

I understand your a showcase, however i really want to stress that im not being paid by DHI, I really wanted to do this independantly as there are no other 'real live case studies' in the UK at present.

I hope the blog in the UK helps potential patients.

I will also create a web blog on here also, just need a bit more time. I will also put images on the site today or tomorrow.

Thanks,

andy

Hey,

I never knew there were so many active uk members on this site and i have never really been an active member,

I agree that perhaps my explanation and reasoning doesn't come across in the best light and perhaps i need a rewrite to ensure that I do explain further,

Thanks for your feedback matey.

Hi PB,

What negativity have you heard? If you could expand on your comment it would be much appreciated.

I have met with their past patients who seem to be happy with the results. I have also met with DHI patients who have had repair work,

The results i have seen I am impressed with.

The most common complaint is the very poor growth - here's a thread with a couple of very dissatisfied patients (I have seen Bigmac in person and he didn't have any more growth since his post - bad scarring is also mentioned here) http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/lofiversion/index.php/t297.html

Dr Bisanga mentioned on that post no longer has anything to do with DHI, so you won't find him there.

I have heard of many similar cases, some with absolutely no growth and a lot of precious donor hair wasted. I would ask which surgeon you will be having and then do a lot of research on that particular surgeon before going through with it.

Yes there certainly was a lot of negative feelings towards DHI.

They had their run of good publicity on the forums just after they did those FUE megasessions.

That quickly turned sour when the hair did not grow and the patients were dissatisfied to say the least.

Was there ever a follow up on that Greek gentleman who got some 7000 FUE?

I also remember their marketing techniques leaves a lot to be desired.

Who can forget "The magic wand"?

• Administrators

Andyuklondon,

Due to patient complaints and what I consider the marketing driven nature of DHI this site has dissociated itself from DHI.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with your site in that it appears to be very similar to the Bosley Medical Groups "patient blog" that was created by one of their principle PR people.

While we are open to posts and experiences about all clinics - the good the bad and the ugly - the use of our forum as a promo tool is prohibited.

The first paragraph of the forum terms of usage that you agreed to upon joining states -

All posters promoting or advocating a particular physician, procedure or treatment on this forum are required to divulge any compensation, monetary or otherwise, that they may be receiving in their posting signature. No links or references to websites or resources of a promotional nature are permitted on this educational forum.

Given that your website, intentionaly or otherwise, can be viewed as promoting DHI I have removed the links to this site, which frankly looked pretty slick.

Feel free to share your experiences on this forum as a member. But links to promo sites and blogs outside of this community are not permitted.

Best wishes for whatever you ultimately choose to do.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Spex,

Thanks for pointing out that he is going to DHI.

andy,

In all honesty, I'd spend a lot of time doing research on DHI if I were you. I have also heard some negative things and haven't seen anyone yet who recieved positive results with them.

In addition, I am trying to remember what they called it...but if I am correct, they use some DHI only method of FUE (called something else to sound fancy), and frankly, their pro list was very questionable. One "pro" I remember them listing was something like:

DHI method (I forget what it's called) extracts one hair at a time whereas FUE extracts one graft at a time.

This is NOT a pro...this is a con.

Follicular Unit Graft is a hair follicle containing 1s, 2s, 3s, and 4 hairs that occur naturally. Extracting one HAIR at a time is breaking the FU apart...not to mention you are probalby paying per hair and not per graft.

Do careful research. In all honesty...I'd say away from them.

Bill

Hi Pat,

I understand your concerns and sorry - i never read the T&Cs of the forum! Apologies!

Im not a PR for DHI, I can assure you that, butI do work in media and called in a few favors to build the site. I have very close links to a global haircare brand in the UK which is why i am keen on promoting the procedure.

I believe i have made the best choice of clinic at this moment in my life so i will keep you posted as to how i get,

Sorry for the inconvience Pat!

Andyuklondon

andy,

My opinion is to do your research before surgery...look at DHI before/after photos from patients and read real patient experiences.

If your mind is completely set, however, than I wish you good luck.

I hope you'll go the distance and post your results (before/progression/after) pictures on this site and share your experience.

Cheers,

Bill