Future Hairloss Remedies?

I'm wondering if there are any new treatments that are in the works? Now I know about Dutasteride, and I'm on Propecia. I've been on Propecia now for a couple years and it works great. But I figure it can't last forever. Have heard very mixed things with Dutasteride. Is there anything else out there that we can look forward to getting our hands on in the next 7 years or so? Please, as much feed back from people who know what they're talking about.

danger

• 3 weeks later...

God, that's a great question Danger. Everyone I guess is praying for Hair Multiplication to increase the donor supply. Hair transplantation has improved so much in the last 10 years so I imagine our best bet is with the surgeons at this point. When I was in my teens ( 15 years + ago) I thought without a doubt we'd be much further along regarding hairloss. Even in my teens I was very aware of my impending hair doom, of course I had my buddies to remind meicon_smile.gif Some of those Aholes are bald now and guess who has hair, well, coverage at least.

Not much in the near future on new meds-- most have been shelved in development due to liver toxicity. Hair cloning and HM are on the fourfront and several docs are experiementing with this-- probably within the next 8-10 yrs.

Originally posted by mr invisible:

i have heard that thier are already treatments to cure baldness its just that the FDA won't release them becuase they will lose money, fact or fiction i dont know

Who is it that will lose money? The FDA? Sounds kind of conspiracy-theory to me. icon_smile.gif

While money is certainly a determining factor in how and when medications are released to the public, it is hard to believe that an actual "cure" exists and there hasn't been some kind of leak to the press or other pharmaceutical fims. It would certainly render all research currently being performed by Intercytex and Aderans useless.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by Forum Moderator and Satisfied Patient:

While money is certainly a determining factor in how and when medications are released to the public, it is hard to believe that an actual "cure" exists and there hasn't been some kind of leak to the press or other pharmaceutical fims. It would certainly render all research currently being performed by Intercytex and Aderans useless.

Exactly. The other thing is that the FDA has absolutely no control over what's going on OUTSIDE the US, and there are many pharmaceutical companies all over the world, and I'm thinking of one in particular in Switzerland, that are working on a "cure" and would be too happy to widely advertise their findings and sell their product, whether they have FDA backing or not. Don't think that the miracle solution will necessarily come from the US!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day