2600+ 1-13-2006 Dr. Cooley

ifloss

I don't want to repeat everything that has already been said about this outstanding clinic, but what a fantastic experience!!!!

Being a cosmetic dentist, I've very critical of what is promised and what is delivered. I can honestly say that they exceeded my expectations.

Good news was that Dr.cooley said I have an additional 5000 grafts to play with in the future. I can't wait for these to grow in and schedule another procedure. It was 100% painless.

They worked from 7:30 am until 9:00 pm. Dr. Cooley had to place between 80-90% himself. He sent his staff home at six and for the next three hours worked meticulously alone.

I have to say that talking with him for three straight hours, I came to not only respect him as a physician and colleague, but as a decent down to earth human being as well. Believe me, I deal with health professionals every day, he's a rare find.

The Valium's kicking in so I'll post the pictures of the exquisitely clean surgery this weekend in my photo album.

Photo Album

Michael

HT 1-13-06 Dr. Cooley 2600 grafts

My Hair Loss Weblog

My Photo Album

Michael,

Congratulations on your HT! Sounds like everything went just as great as each of the other experiences those of us here have had with Doctor Cooley.

Your impression of him as a human being echoes my impressions, as well. Every once in a while, one comes across a really, exceptionally decent person, and Dr. Cooley is one of them.

I'm sure you'll realise the maximum gain that you can get from the amount of grafts you had transplanted and be thrilled with the results.

Good luck with your new hair!

ifloss, I think you have found out why those of us that are Cooley patients, say the things we say about him. He is a true artist in his chosen profession and as you said, a really down to earth and decent man. Your work looks great and yes I think you can get back to where you want to be, but you have to be realistic and understand that you have more work to do to get there. When this HT grows in you will have a great look to build on when you get ready.

Best of luck to you and your new buddies. By the way don't get too attached to them, in a couple of weeks they will leave you only to return later.

Nashville Kat

Kat,

I am really attached to my little buddies and don't want them to leave. Any chance they'll stay forever and just keep getting longer?

We're having a family portrait (my wife's 8 months pregnant) this weekend to help remember them as infants - not really for my buddies but more to remember my wifes belly.

BTW, my staff went nuts when they saw my head. They're just as excited as I am. They can't stop staring at my head. Patients haven't even noticed. The surgery is so clean it just looks like I have a short buzz cut. I haven't even been wearing a hat. I went to my barber and had him trim around my ears and the backof my neck - he was amazed.

This is so much better than I expected, am I setting myself up for dissapointment? I hope not.

Michael

My Hair Loss Weblog

My Photo Album

ifloss,

Great to hear that you are doing well. You are most definitely going to shed a few of your new little buddies and, more likely than not, around 80% of them. This happens around week 3 or 4. Just think of it as progress - you know, a good thing. icon_biggrin.gif

I went ahead and took the liberty of adding your Hair Loss Weblog link into your posts under your name.

Happy growing!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by receedinghairline:

when you talk about little buddies falling out what do you mean? I am new to this.

The little hairs attached to the follicle that is transplanted. A couple of weeks after the surgery they fall out and in my case I go back to a slick head for 3-6 months. Right now it looks like I have a buzz cut on top.

Michael

My Hair Loss Weblog

My Photo Album

Hi Michael,

From my experience (only having 1 HT), I don't think it's necessarily a precursor to them falling out.......but you'll still probably lose most.

After my HT, I was a little unique in that I kept a little more than what I would consider "the average". I'd speculate I kept around 30-40% or so (it's tough to tell). Some of them might have started to grow around the 14 day mark, I don't remember for sure??

I would think if you keep them over the 1 month or 1 1/2 month mark you have a chance to keep them for good. However, the odds are you'll still lose several of them. Everybody's experience is somewhat different but odds are you'll lose the majority.

Oh well, you know they'll come back and when they do, they'll be there for good........unlike the little MPB traitors that jumped ship on all of use while we're "losing it"!!

Good luck and keep posting progress!

Hairbank

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.