minoxidil for women?

Diezel

hi ther,

my sister says her hair is thinning on the top of her head (apperently) i havnt noticed it though. I know there is a 2.5% minoxidil for women but what is the difference between the 2.5% for women and the stronger solution that are used for men. She says she only wants to put it on at night once and not in the mornin cos she dont want it to mess up her hair, and she dosnt want it to effect her hair color. If anyone could give me advice on this i would appreciate it, cheers

hi ther,

my sister says her hair is thinning on the top of her head (apperently) i havnt noticed it though. I know there is a 2.5% minoxidil for women but what is the difference between the 2.5% for women and the stronger solution that are used for men. She says she only wants to put it on at night once and not in the mornin cos she dont want it to mess up her hair, and she dosnt want it to effect her hair color. If anyone could give me advice on this i would appreciate it, cheers

Diezel,

Whether one uses Rogaine 5% or 2%, it will not impact the natural color of one's hair. If she colors or treats her hair however, there may be a certain length of time before one should apply any product to the hair.

5% is simply stronger than 2%. 2% is typically recommended for women because it is less harsh on the scalp. I do know that dermatologists have recommended 5% for some women in more severe hair loss cases.

Keep in mind however, that Rogaine (minoxidil) is a topical application and may make managing and styling of the hair a bit more difficult. I have heard that Rogaine foam makes hair more easy to manage than it's liquid counterpart.

I hope this helps.

Bill