Is it important to switch up shampoos?

jackisback1

Because I've noticed lately that my hair feels dry, maybe damaged, just not good, but i dont know how to explain it, even though it doesn't look any worse. I have been using Nioxin every day lately, and I'm wondering if there's scientific or circumstancial evidence suggesting the importance of switching up which shampoo you use throughout the week.

Because I've noticed lately that my hair feels dry, maybe damaged, just not good, but i dont know how to explain it, even though it doesn't look any worse. I have been using Nioxin every day lately, and I'm wondering if there's scientific or circumstancial evidence suggesting the importance of switching up which shampoo you use throughout the week.

Answer is NO. Whatever nr of shampoos you use and however often won't change anything to your hairloss. If you experience some dryness, go for a soft shampoo such as the ones used for babies. I've had great results doing that. L'Oreal have also some brand new thickening shampoos for men that work well.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

I tend to "cycle" my shampoos. I use a thickening shampoo such as Loreal Vive for Men or Jason Thin to Thick on Days One and Two, and then I use a therapeutic shampoo such as Nizoral or Neutrogena T-Sal on Day Three. I find that using a therapeutic shampoo on Day Three alleviates much of the itching caused by minoxidil. Therapeutic Shampoos, more specifically Nizoral, also supposedly reduce some of the scalp DHT.

I do recall being told by a local salon owner and friend that switching shampoos is good for your hair. I also use Nioxin and switch it up with Dr Lee's 2% shampoo and the 1% Nizoral from Wal-Mart. I also add the Nioxin conditioner daily to help alleviate dryness.

Smiling & laughing does wonders for the soul!