Recommended medication/procedures to aid healing process

Hi Bill and everyone,

I have read the post: http://www.regrowhair.com/hair-transplant-surgery/hair-...splant-post-op-tips/

but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips on natural of artificial meds that can aid in the healing process of the scar and other tissue post-op. (as well as aid re-growth of hair).

Copper peptides, aloe vera, witch-hazel as well as olive oil has been mentioned, but I remember that after my aunt's surgery for cancer, she was recommended to stay away from meat.

Does any one have any ideas?

I doubt spironolactone or fluridil may help healing, but may aid in regrowth.

Thanks.

take care...

Hi Bill and everyone,

I have read the post: http://www.regrowhair.com/hair-transplant-surgery/hair-...splant-post-op-tips/

but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips on natural of artificial meds that can aid in the healing process of the scar and other tissue post-op. (as well as aid re-growth of hair).

Copper peptides, aloe vera, witch-hazel as well as olive oil has been mentioned, but I remember that after my aunt's surgery for cancer, she was recommended to stay away from meat.

Does any one have any ideas?

I doubt spironolactone or fluridil may help healing, but may aid in regrowth.

Thanks.

take care...

Please read this thread. It is regarding PRP. I will be having this for my upcoming surgery with dr. Cooley.

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...441063993#4441063993

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Latinlotus,

Your comments and response from the surgeon is very interesting. However the surgeon seemed to indicate that the benefit to cost ratio is not that high, so I may opt not to have this done.

I am still open to suggestions for natural or artifical meds that are accessible and cost-effective.

take care...

After careful analysis, research and discussion with dr. Cooley, the cost-benefit is definitely worth it and i will use PRP for my upcoming surgery.

Actually there is not really any cost/risk apart from the cost of supplies for PRP which is about $500.

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

mmhce,

In my opinion, time is the best healer in conjunction with a healthy diet and lifestyle. Eliminate smoking since it can prolong healing.

Regarding medication, your hair transplant surgeon will give you some antibiotics after surgery for different purposes such as pain killers, infection prevention, etc.

After a month, you could consider using mederma or another ointment for minimizing scar appearance.

Everything else is just about the wait.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the advice.

But what about right after I remove the metal staples? What should I put on it immediately afterwards?

For Mederma:

http://www.skinstore.com/p-106-mederma-50-gram-tube.aspx

"This is the large tube and it should last approx. 3 months on an 8 to 10 inch scar."

So is 3 months sufficient time for application, or do I need to apply it for 6 months?

take care...

check this CBS report regarding healing with PRP:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/05/eveningnews/main2889125.shtml

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

I believe none of the doctors recommended on this site is using PRP. Dr. Cooley himself started about 10 months ago and so far he got some great results from his grown out patients.

Dr. Cooley told me that Carlos Uebel MD in Brazil, the grandaddy of the megasession, has been using this on HT for over 6 years and has noted increased yield of 10-15 percent.

Note that most people, including doctors, are resistant to change. It is like this a few years ago when microscopes (which i think costs about 4K each) had been introduced into HT surgery. Now, even though it is the norm, some HT doctors are still not using microscope.

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs