HT Shouldnt be 1st Choice! Read This b4 doing it!

mmm208

I beleive that i made a huge mistake in getting a HT. I have cut off a piece off the back of my head and have a bumpy scar now.Doesnt seem natural when i comb my hair. Its a pink line and can be clearly seen when i shave on number 2 with a clipper. Alot! of original hair has fallen out in the crown and frontal areas. I dont know how much of it will come back. With the new laser comb technology , i think that would have been the best option for me . I read a study on it and there were increases in hair count from 20-55 hairs increase per sq cm. It also brought back thinning hairs. I would have been happy with that and i think anyone who considers a trasplant should consider the laser comb as a 1st option. It will only take 5-6 months to see if it works well and has a money back guarantee. From what ive seen and heard it really works.

I really feal like I ruined an important part of my body. Im also concerned that they damaged existing and or thinning hairs.

In Defense of my HT i do think its way too early to judge the results yet, but here are my concerns at 5 weeks post op.

1) Will donor scar bump go down further.

2) Will reddish color of scar fade.

3) Will all original hair that fell out from shock grow back.

4) Will donor area feel natural when i run a comb through it.

May God Help Me.

I beleive that i made a huge mistake in getting a HT. I have cut off a piece off the back of my head and have a bumpy scar now.Doesnt seem natural when i comb my hair. Its a pink line and can be clearly seen when i shave on number 2 with a clipper. Alot! of original hair has fallen out in the crown and frontal areas. I dont know how much of it will come back. With the new laser comb technology , i think that would have been the best option for me . I read a study on it and there were increases in hair count from 20-55 hairs increase per sq cm. It also brought back thinning hairs. I would have been happy with that and i think anyone who considers a trasplant should consider the laser comb as a 1st option. It will only take 5-6 months to see if it works well and has a money back guarantee. From what ive seen and heard it really works.

I really feal like I ruined an important part of my body. Im also concerned that they damaged existing and or thinning hairs.

In Defense of my HT i do think its way too early to judge the results yet, but here are my concerns at 5 weeks post op.

May God Help Me.

Don't worry and don't give in to negatism.Talk to a doctor and explain your condition and the what might be the best cporse of action for you.Good luck!

[This message was edited by solid on October 16, 2003 at 11:38 AM.]

From my recollection on another post, your surgery was only a few weeks ago. A lot of scar healing issues have to do with how wide the scar is, how well the edges were opposed, the tension the scar is under, as well as characteristics unique to you -- do you form keloids, etc. Infection and trauma can also make for poor healing or wide scars.

However, there is also a considerable component of time involved as well. Scars take months to mature; for weeks and weeks after the initial injury, there is swelling and redness from increased blood flow/vessels. Especially for the first few months, while the underlying tissues are healing and generating tensile strength, this is a very dynamic process. If you didn't have a problem with infection, etc., and you are not prone to poor healing or keloids, etc., then "redness" and "bumps" per se hopefully won't be a problem (although poor surgeon technique can influence the end texture). Over time, the redness will fade -- in fact in the end the scar will be less pigmented than the surrounding skin. The edema (swelling) should also subside -- again this takes weeks and months, not days, and you shouldn't freak out yet about its final appearance.

On the other hand, scars can be wide, and stretch, and hair does not grow in them. This is probably going to be, long-term, the bigger issue in terms of visibilty.

It depends. Check out NHI's website for an intro to shock loss: www.newhair.com/next/faq.asp

mmm, You are at the worst point in time after having had hair work. You will feel much better in about a month. Your scar will have healed better - eventually you won't feel it at all. Your shocked hair is gone but will soon start to grow back. The redness around your scar and recipient area will diminish. Soon you will start to notice that your hair looks better/thicker. Right now your hair looks probably the worst it is going to look.

I am also at 5-6 weeks post-op. I had a decent amount of shock loss. The gown I wore during surgery had a lot of hairs on it when I removed it after the procedure. My hair is just now starting to look like it did 6 weeks ago. I am trying to be patient and wait for good things to happen. By Thanksgiving you should feel a lot better. Hang in there.

Sorry to break the news for you but these laser things dont work, trust me.

I went to advanced hair studios in sydney and spend a stupid ammount of money on the laser therapy. (same as the comb but more expensive)

They basically promised me growth and no more hairloss.

Absolute bullshit.

its just another sales trick.

Who is gonna admit to themselves that its not working anyway?

And most men would be afraid to stop using it cause that, they think, will make the situation even worse. thats why there is a money back guarantee.

Only a few meds and HT works.

Youre way to early i would guess to judge the quality of your HT now anyway.

hopefully its gonna turn out just fine. Shedding is normal and almost always it grows back.

Good luck and stay away from the laser fraud.

El Guapo

someone could actually fall for this laser-comb crap. I mean come on. As far as HT - 5 weeks is nothing - and you won't see any significant growth until later on. Can't help you with scar, as I only have experience with FUE.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't..."

things are fine - I should be posting 6 month progress pictures next month (currently I'm month 5). I am planning going for anohter 1000 fue's this winter break. This time I'll focus on density instead of coverage. Did you make a decision yet?

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't..."

• 1 month later...

Just wondering one month later... are you feeling any better? Have some of your concerns been rectified with a little bit of time?

Regards,

HTGT

May God Help Me.

I think it's a sales pitch for the laser comb, nothing more.

I should know, believe it or not, I do my best to avoid sales pitches on this site for my new "Miracle Grow" for your scalp. Really I do.

This is the best site for HT info. around, and I would like to stick around.

If you read some of my post, you know I got a really bad, bad HT from Bosley and Dr. Paul Straub.

I won't go into where I am at now, because that will sound like a sales pitch.

But I do want to say this about HT's. In my opinion, for most guys it's a really bad decision even if you get it done right.

A HT will not stop your hairloss, an HT might look good for a year or two, then it will shed and look worse then when you started.

There are exceptions to this, but for most guys getting an HT is the worst decision in their lives.

Please don't hate me for saying that, but that is what I really believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Havea ny of you guys slamming the Lasercomb actually ever used one? I've been using the Lasercomb for a full year now, and I got to say I think it actually does stimulate some growth. I've been on Propecia for five years, and have a lot of vellous hairs in my temples that never grew into anything. After using the lasercomb for two weeks, they started to grow longer and darker. After one year they still are slowly growing thicker & darker. I'm not saying all my hair grew back, in fact it's not enough growth to make a big difference, but it is something. Also, my hair is definately in better shape than it was a year ago. In my opinion, the only products that really work against hairloss are Procecia and the Lasercomb. And yes, I've tried about everything that's come out in the past 15 years.

First off all the laser comb is nothing more then a scam. Hairloss is casued by DHT. Lasers do nothing to change that fact. This product is not going to grow anything. It is NOT approved by the FDA or Health and welfare Canada. you are fooling yourself if you honeslty think some laser light gadget is going to change anything. It's nothing but a total rip off. There is no medical evidence to prove this thing does anything. unless there is medical studies from real medical authorities i will never belive it. Scam is all it is.

How can you say the Lasercomb is a total scam if you've never even tried it? In fact, it is authorized in Canada to make hair growth claims, and an FDA aprroval to make hair regrowth claims are in the works... keep your eyes and ears open on the news about it if you don't believe me. Personally, I use Propecia (5 years) and the lasercomb (1 year) and I swear by both products.

Now I am hurt. Are you suggesting I am not growing hair?

If so, I buy you a ticket to come visit me. If I am growing hair you have to pay me double the ticket?

You decide if I am growing hair on a scalp that has been bald for 20 years plus. I trust your honesty.

Now as far as my product goes, I avoid mentioning it by name, and only talk about it when appropriate.

Take me up on the bet! It's a real bet!

Let's prove if I am really growing hair or not.

Ken

P.S. I stick around because I like this forum. And I want to warn as many people as possible about Bosley and Dr. Paul Straub. I do not try to sell my product here. I may have alluded to it earlier, and I apologies for that. As I said, it's been a weird journey and I have made several mistakes along the way.

P.S.S. If you read my web page, then you know I can only make 10, 1 year supplies a year. Right now it looks like the customer demand from people in S.F. who see my hair growing will out pace supply. That is not a B.S. Statement.

My point, I don't need to try to sell the stuff to you or anybody else.

I do need to save as many people from Bosley and Dr. Paul Straub as possible. And when I know if my stuff will work on other people and what percentage (About 6 months from now) I will aggressively tell the world (assuming it works on a good percentage of others), to save as many people as possible from the knife, needle, strip, FUE, FIT, plug, graph, MPR, hair piece, etc.

[This message was edited by MeHairBeGrowin on December 13, 2003 at 05:47 PM.]

• 2 weeks later...

I started using a lasercomb in early sept. and I must say my hair feels better, thicker. I took some pics when I started and 3 months later it seems to me that I have better density.

I dont think it grew any additional hairs, rather it has helped strengthen and increase shaft diameter of the thinning hairs I have. It may also be the fact that I am using propecia and have been for about a year.

When I initially started using it, I lost a lot of hair, just like when I started finasteride I had increased shedding due to telogen phase of hair growth. I cant say it helps all or regrows for any of you that have lost significantly, but I think it can help stabilize loss and increase health of hair you have.

How can you knock it if you havenot tried it? Dont buy it!! Just keep an open mind on the forum.