IS 27 THE RIGHT AGE FOR HT

HI DUDES.THIS IS AMAN FRON INDIA.I HAVE BEEN ON PROPECIA,ROG5% AND SERENOVA COMPLEX PLUS SINCE 1ST NOV 07...I WILL BE GETTING A HT DONE IN JAN 09(GODWILLING).SO IS THE THE RIGHT AGE.I HAVE LOST HAIRS AT THE CROWN ALSO SO WILL IT BE OKAY TO HIT THE CROWN ALSO WITH A MEGASESSION.HELP ME GUYS.

bllorayne,

As many people on this forum have pointed out, you need to be conservative when

you're younger because you dont know what you're future hairloss pattern will be and you need to keep enough donor hair for future surgeries you may need. Often, younger patients want the exact opposite. They're not used to be being bald and want their teenage hairline back.Having said that, if you work with an ethical surgeon, and have realistic expectations, you should be able to achieve your objective. Consult with a number of doctors before you make your decision.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

Bllorayne

I was probably your age when i started losing hair, but if i had gone for a h/t at that time, i would now, 22 years later, have had transplanted hair surrounded by bald spots!!

The bottom line is that hair loss for the majority of us progresses, so at an early stage you must be conservative in how many of your precious follicles to use.

Seek advice via consults with the top docs on this site, as they will look at the bigger picture, and steer you on the right route for your particular case.

All the best.

Clive.

Originally posted by Clive McQuire:

Bllorayne

I was probably your age when i started losing hair, but if i had gone for a h/t at that time, i would now, 22 years later, have had transplanted hair surrounded by bald spots!!

The bottom line is that hair loss for the majority of us progresses, so at an early stage you must be conservative in how many of your precious follicles to use.

Seek advice via consults with the top docs on this site, as they will look at the bigger picture, and steer you on the right route for your particular case.

All the best.

Clive.

THANS BRO..I HAVE BEEN ON BIOTIN,ROGAINE,PROPECIA 4 ALMOST 7 MONTHS AND I AM PLANNING A HT IN 09 JAN FOR MA FRONTAL AND MID SCALP....A FAIRLY HIGH HAIRLINE WOULD NOT BE A PROB..I WILL ADDRESS MY CROWN AFTER OBSERVING MY HAIRLOSS FOR 1.5 YEARS IS MY PLAN OK...I WILL GET IT DONE BY DR H&W OR DR E