MSM directly post op?

Hi guys I've searched for the answer to this in the forum boards but haven't found an answer.

Basically I want to know whether it is safe to start taking MSM/Vit C straight after the op or whether I should leave it a few days.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to take some MSM with me for my next op in the states. I know there are a lot of MSM users here so I was wondering what you guys think..

The comments/statements made above are my opinion only.

898 Scar Revision and Staple Cycle Experiment - Dr Feller & Dr Rogers (Nov'06)

2200 Strip - Dr Feller (Nov'05)

4 bad surgeries at Hosp Grp

Hi guys I've searched for the answer to this in the forum boards but haven't found an answer.

Basically I want to know whether it is safe to start taking MSM/Vit C straight after the op or whether I should leave it a few days.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to take some MSM with me for my next op in the states. I know there are a lot of MSM users here so I was wondering what you guys think..

Thanks for sharing that Bill, MSM is good for healing the body but my only concern was that it would rush too much blood to the recipient area (hence greater chance for grafts popping out or blood oozing). This is unlikely I know.

In patient instructions, theres only talk of not taking vitamins/supplements before each procedure so I guess after that it's acceptable

Bal

i started MSM straight after my HT and had very good early results, don't know if it made a differance but no harm was done. As for vitamin C, it is recommended by Dr Epstein as it may help with the healing process.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Good stuff, I was planning to use both MSM and Vit C post op but just wasn't sure whether it was ok to start immediately or to wait till I returned home. It sounds safe enough so I'll pack some with me for the trip. Cheers

best of luck Bal. have to watch out for the few of us on this side of the pond icon_smile.gif

when are you going? and who are you going to?

I've just booked my second HT for the end of December so hope it goes as well as the first.

IH

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Thanks for the support Irish Homer, I'm having scar revision/staple cycle experiment done with Dr Feller and then Dr Rogers. Details can be found here.

I'm going to be the first ever patient to have this performed on so I'm a little anxious about it.

How about yourself.. are you going back to Dr Epstein? I'm glad your first HT with him went well and I'm sure your second session will be just as successfull. Good luck mate icon_smile.gif

going to Dr Feller for second pass, too hard to get to Miami at this time of year and am so impressed with Dr Fellers results.

hope your experimently work goes will. i'm sure you'll get that extra bit of care and concideration as so many will be watching for a good outcome.

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

Originally posted by irish homer:

going to Dr Feller for second pass, too hard to get to Miami at this time of year and am so impressed with Dr Fellers results.

hope your experimently work goes will. i'm sure you'll get that extra bit of care and concideration as so many will be watching for a good outcome.

Thanks so do I. I had surgery with Dr Feller a year a go and I'm v.pleased with how things went. I'm sure he'll have no problems accomplishing your goals. I'm having my surgery slightly before you so heres to a hairy xmas'07 icon_smile.gif