Comment about Doctors and thier Technicians

It seems to me what is more important item regarding a HT is not so much the doctor but the skill of the technicians he/she has working with them.

The doctor only cuts and sutures the donor area and makes the slits on the recipient area. placement of the grafts by the technicians are imperitive to the procedure and the final results of the hair transplant.

It seems to me what is more important item regarding a HT is not so much the doctor but the skill of the technicians he/she has working with them.

The doctor only cuts and sutures the donor area and makes the slits on the recipient area. placement of the grafts by the technicians are imperitive to the procedure and the final results of the hair transplant.

I also think this is partially true, however the donor closure and strip extraction is highly important, as well as an understanding of how the hair may grown in, and the abilty to evalutate graft placement based on experience with many patients.

That comes down to ability on the part of the doctor as a manager and his abilty to train and retain highly talented assistants.

If there are 4 assitants dissecting and implanting grafts and one of them is inexperienced, it may impact overall results.

I would dread having HT on an "off" day. Suppose some of the key assistants are sick or on maternity leave.

If an assistant calls in sick, does the doctor take a smaller strip and scale the procedure to the number of assistants available? Or do they work late into the evening, risking damage to tissue that has been separated from your body 12 hours or more? Either would be terrible if your goal was maximum # grafts.

The assistants are indeed critical and vital to the hair transplant process. One bad apple can spoil a bunch and ultimately leave a hair transplant patient with a less than optimal result.

This was one of the topics we discussed in our live chat featured every Tuesday at 10pm EST. The three hair restoration physicians agreed just how important their assistants are. Ultimately however, it is the responsibility of the physician to make sure that all of their assistance are up to par and properly trained.

Keep in mind also however, that though the assistants are vital to the hair restoration process, that the doctor is the key player. He/she is the one who leads the process. The donor excision is extremely important and the incisions are what ultimately determine the pattern and direction of the hair growth. Proper care of the hair grafts must be maintained by all the players however.

Bill

• Moderators
Originally posted by mrkneed:

and TheEmperor relied

I also think this is partially true, however the donor closure and strip extraction is highly important, as well as an understanding of how the hair may grown in, and the abilty to evalutate graft placement based on experience with many patients.

I just want to point out that my donor closure was not done by a doctor either. The techs did that.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.