I appreciate any feedback...

usmc3675

Hello everyone,

I've been reading through people's posts for the last 3 months when I first got my HT. I am 25 years old and I started losing my hair at an accelerated rate since I returned home from a tour of military duty...Stress?? Exposed to WMD?? Just kidding about the WMD...not the stress though. Family does not have a history of early hair loss. Out of a feeling of urgency I hastily signed up for a procedure with MHR in Dallas with Dr. Andrews...now I keep reading that the MHR and Bosley doctors are horrible and are nothing but butchers...Dr. Andrews acted very professionally and all my questions were answered...I am 4 month post op and have not seen any difference. Am I doomed to have a unsuccessful surgery b/c the doctor is a MHR doc? All MHR docs fit the mold of a unexperienced butcher? Well I hope I can prove that wrong...Currently I am at the 4 month mark and have seen little growth however I've lost more hair since my HT....I've actually been losing a lot of hair of late...3-4 month mark...anyone have an explanation for this? I've been on Propecia for about 9 months now. Propecia has been working great for me up until now, is my body finally getting used to it?

I try to balance myself everyday with the thought of things not being so bad as they were a year ago for me. Trust me the last thing I was worried about was how I looked but now that's the only thing I can think about.

Anyways...any feedback would be much appreciated and again thank you everyone for sharing his/her expereinces.

Hello everyone,

I've been reading through people's posts for the last 3 months when I first got my HT. I am 25 years old and I started losing my hair at an accelerated rate since I returned home from a tour of military duty...Stress?? Exposed to WMD?? Just kidding about the WMD...not the stress though. Family does not have a history of early hair loss. Out of a feeling of urgency I hastily signed up for a procedure with MHR in Dallas with Dr. Andrews...now I keep reading that the MHR and Bosley doctors are horrible and are nothing but butchers...Dr. Andrews acted very professionally and all my questions were answered...I am 4 month post op and have not seen any difference. Am I doomed to have a unsuccessful surgery b/c the doctor is a MHR doc? All MHR docs fit the mold of a unexperienced butcher? Well I hope I can prove that wrong...Currently I am at the 4 month mark and have seen little growth however I've lost more hair since my HT....I've actually been losing a lot of hair of late...3-4 month mark...anyone have an explanation for this? I've been on Propecia for about 9 months now. Propecia has been working great for me up until now, is my body finally getting used to it?

I try to balance myself everyday with the thought of things not being so bad as they were a year ago for me. Trust me the last thing I was worried about was how I looked but now that's the only thing I can think about.

Anyways...any feedback would be much appreciated and again thank you everyone for sharing his/her expereinces.

usmc3675,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your return from the tour of duty. I salute you for your service to the USA! icon_smile.gif

Yes, you'll see several negative posts regarding Bosely and MHR as there have been some bad experiences. Unfortunately, there's no real way to tell what success you'll have other than to "wait it out". That's the tough part. Anyone can give you their opinion but without being there to "see" the technique they used first-hand, who knows? Did you seem to heal properly in the recipient area and donor area? How does each area look now? As far as growth goes EVERYONE is different. Don't despair because your at 4 months and see little growth. Most people do see at least some activity between 2-3 months (crown work somtimes sprouts later) but growth can and does occur all the way up to a year or later. If I were you and you can't see "anything" after 6 months, I'd go back to the Doc and ask them to check it out.

As far has recent hair loss.........many people experience what is referred to as "shock loss" after a HT. This normally occurs within the first few months. If the "shocked" hair was in the last stages of survival from male pattern baldness, it's likely not to return. Otherwise, you should notice regrowth of the hair you've shed.

As far as Propecia goes, I do believe many experience shedding of hair when taking it for the first 6 months or so. Your body does adjust to it in a sense because the shedding should stop and you should notice better quality hair when it returns. I've not heard reports to the effect that you should need to change your regimen after a certain period of time. Maybe someone else can respond here?

I suggest you give it a little more time and see what happens, then, if no noticeable results talk with your Doc.

Good luck,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I am a victim of MHRs butchery. Hopefully you will be okay for a little while anyway. I was a n/w 2 and within months i was bald from their doctor. I am now a repair patient. If it doesn't work out report the P@ick to the medical board. Sorry to hear you went to the butcher/ liars of the hair transplant field.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I'll be 4 months post-op tomorrow (2700 strip). Hair started sprouting at 2 months 3 weeks and has really taken off during the last month so that the whole recipient area is populated with hair of variable length... and the next batch of stubble just appeared icon_smile.gif.

PB

11/17/2005 2700 Strip Dr Feller

• Administrators

usmc3675,

I agree with all of Hairbanks above thoughtful comments (thanks to all others who also shared their experience).

Four months is too early to judge a surgery by any surgeon. Results and quality do vary between MHR doctors. So hopefully the one you got was at least decent.

I hope that you will see your hair loss stabalized and even reversed as your new hair grows in.

Stay in touch and please keep us posted on your progress.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.