Please help me

HoToStop

Hi Friends,

I am 29 year old and I m loosing my hair at vertex and top.

I noticed it 1 years back and tried some homeopathy but of no use. Loss is not rapid but it's getting worse (noticeable) day by day.

I want to stop it asap. (if possible re grow to what I was having 1 year back)

I started using Minox 3 months back and feeling little better with thicken hair.

But still afraid of loosing hair, I read here taking propecia along with minox will give better results.

But I found people saying propecia having side effects like sexual and mental; I am in great confusion what to do?

I just want my hair, I couldn't able to concentrate on my work. I even feel like why to live with out hair?

Pleas suggest me what to do?

Should I go for propecia?

How long these side effects will take to appear, if any? Means, if side effects are there then in how many days we can notice them? And are they referable.

Should I go for any hormone or blood test before taking propecia?

Please....help me.

Thanks in advance.

HoToStop, Propecia has the best chance nowadays to slow or stop future hair loss. I have had no side effects that I can measure and most people don't. If you start taking it, you don't see any change for atleast 7 months. Hair keeps falling out like usual, then you may start to see less hair on the bathroom floor, but again, it does not start to work for many months and don't miss a dose!!! That's the best starting point for getting a handle on hair loss, and from there you can see where it's going and know if you'll end up getting a hair transplant like most of us do.

HoToStop, One more thing: Look into/compare the price of Propecia vs. Proscar. I switched to Proscar and I pay with S&H $80.00 for 30 tabs which I cut into fourths with a pill cutter. The last time before that when I ordered Propecia, I dropped like three or four hundred dollars. But look for yourself to be sure.

• 4 months later...

Hello, came across your post just now. I won't comment on the effectivenss of finasteride, I think it varies widely from user to user. But your comments regarding your feelings about hair loss and "why live without hair" are disturbing to me. I am 42 years old and maybe I can give you a different perspective. Yep, there are guys with great hair and yes, generally speaking they have a better shot with the chicks. But you know, when you get older your acceptance criteria widen. Women with a little extra weight may start to look good - they don't have to have a perfect body, maybe there's just something about the way they carry themselves. The same goes for women - their acceptance criteria widen, or change. A bald guy who keeps himself in shape, isn't an asshole but has just the right amount of cockiness even though he is bald really can be attractive to a lot of women. Yes, at 29, baldness is a handicap (mostly in your own mind) but your whole life is not going to be lived at age 29. Learn to look inside yourself at your inner strengths, and focus on those, and work on those. Once you can see them, others will too. Right now at my company one of the hottest chicks (twenty something) just got married to a guy who's bald as a cueball and not even built or anything. he just turns her on. Another friend of mine is bald and lots of chicks dig him. Face it, if women never slept with bald guys, the baldness gene should have died out by now, right?

Control your inner mirror demon, learn to like yourself, and be at peace. Good luck.