Spex, Custard, Steveyd & Other Dr Feller Patients

Hi,

I have been researching this forum for several months and find it quite helpful. After several consults, I decided to have an HT with Dr. Feller.

I am 50 with diffuse receding hairline, some hair in midscalp and balding crown. Dr. F said I was a NW 3 in front and NW 4 in back.

He proposed an HT hairline like Steveyd as well as filling in the crown which will start the end of the midscalp anteriorally and back. There will be a total of approx 3000 grafts. I nixed the idea of adding grafts right behind the front hairline due to the addiitonal shaving. He said this is OK and he could densely pack the hairline and then work on the anterior crown back. I do have hair in the miscalp so I could be OK. My research indictes the areas shaved down will have the best chance for a maximal result. The medical rationale behind this certainly makes sense.

Shaving down - not too concerned about crown area since there is minimal hair in the first place.

Hairline - Dr. Feller suggested I grow my hair long since I am concerned about the shaving down look. He said I could probably cover some or most of the shaved down area.

What elese can one do to conceal the shaved down hairline 3-4 weeks post-op?

Does Toppik or Dermatch work for existing hair that I can comb down to cover the area?

Thanks for your input and advice. I will soon share my experience consulting with NY HT MDs.

I feel quite confident with my choice of Dr. Feller.

Hi,

I have been researching this forum for several months and find it quite helpful. After several consults, I decided to have an HT with Dr. Feller.

I am 50 with diffuse receding hairline, some hair in midscalp and balding crown. Dr. F said I was a NW 3 in front and NW 4 in back.

He proposed an HT hairline like Steveyd as well as filling in the crown which will start the end of the midscalp anteriorally and back. There will be a total of approx 3000 grafts. I nixed the idea of adding grafts right behind the front hairline due to the addiitonal shaving. He said this is OK and he could densely pack the hairline and then work on the anterior crown back. I do have hair in the miscalp so I could be OK. My research indictes the areas shaved down will have the best chance for a maximal result. The medical rationale behind this certainly makes sense.

Shaving down - not too concerned about crown area since there is minimal hair in the first place.

Hairline - Dr. Feller suggested I grow my hair long since I am concerned about the shaving down look. He said I could probably cover some or most of the shaved down area.

What elese can one do to conceal the shaved down hairline 3-4 weeks post-op?

Does Toppik or Dermatch work for existing hair that I can comb down to cover the area?

Thanks for your input and advice. I will soon share my experience consulting with NY HT MDs.

I feel quite confident with my choice of Dr. Feller.

Hi KulMD

Good luck with the procedure! I'm only 16 days post-op, so can't really comment much yet about the concealers. I'm holding off going that route until all my grafts are shed and any flaking has 100% subsided.

I do recommend growing your hair long. It will naturally flop over and conceal much of the recipient area as suggested. Just make sure you get a decent hairstylist to cut your hair so it grows in the correct manner.

Very best of luck to you!!! icon_smile.gif

MD

I used Dermatch to conceal all three HT's but I never shaved the area. After about 10 days you can use the concealers. This in addition to keeping my donor area longer to cover the scar worked well for me

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks Spex. Your "downtime" messgae is quite useful. Hey by the way, Spex, what does Dr. Feller do for post op swelling?

In the forehead, does he recommend a compression sweatband for the first few days?

For the donor site, does he inject a post op steroid? Or does he prescribe several days of oral prednisone? Just curious. I know different docs have varying protocols.

Hi Kulmd,

Im 16 days post op and had my staples out today. I havent used and dont plan to use concealers. But am thinking of buzzing my hair so that its all the same length(scars showing) as i can wear a hat to work. Hope the research goes well.

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!