Dr. Reed / SoCal Hair Transplant

jimdee

Finally went through with it! Dr. Reed did the of LaJolla, CA did the surgery on May 21. I met with Reed, DeYarman and Rassman. All spent a considerable amount of time with me but my gut was to go with Reed. I had 2575 grafts with appox. 30% 3s, 50% 2s and 20% 1s. I was impressed with the whole process. Reed spent quite a bit of time working on the hair line the day before and the day of... The procedure started about 9:30 and went until 6 pm or so. Still experiencing numbness and the hairs have started falling out. Both normal occurances at this stage -- at least from what I've read on this site. Although I wasn't really prepared for the extent of the numbness.

I'm about one month out... so I'm in limbo now until I start seeing some real results in the coming months. I've started a weblog if you want to check it out. I'm also attaching one of the photos taken just after surgery in Reed's office.

After_photo_-_5-21_-_JD.jpg.7910d9e41e7068ca2ea8080eae63cfa0.jpg

Finally went through with it! Dr. Reed did the of LaJolla, CA did the surgery on May 21. I met with Reed, DeYarman and Rassman. All spent a considerable amount of time with me but my gut was to go with Reed. I had 2575 grafts with appox. 30% 3s, 50% 2s and 20% 1s. I was impressed with the whole process. Reed spent quite a bit of time working on the hair line the day before and the day of... The procedure started about 9:30 and went until 6 pm or so. Still experiencing numbness and the hairs have started falling out. Both normal occurances at this stage -- at least from what I've read on this site. Although I wasn't really prepared for the extent of the numbness.

I'm about one month out... so I'm in limbo now until I start seeing some real results in the coming months. I've started a weblog if you want to check it out. I'm also attaching one of the photos taken just after surgery in Reed's office.

• Administrators

Jim,

Congratulations for getting world class work from a first class physician. I appreciate you sharing your photos and hair counts.

I think your work looks very clean and refined. Having watched Dr. Reed perform surgery and gotten to know him, I'm impressed with his ethics, philosophy and patient results.

In my opinion, you made a wise choice. I look forward to see photos of your progess.

Best wishes for excellent growth.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

jimdee,

Congratulations on your surgery with Dr. Reed. I admit, I have not seen a lot of his work, so I'll be excited to follow your case to see how everything works out. Being that he is one of our coalition doctors, I believe you were in excellent hands!

Your post op pictures look nice and clean and I look forward to following your progress.

Bill

jimdee, welcome & congrats.

I think people should look at your weblog because the pic you have posted doesn't do it justice.

The pics on the weblog look much more impressive.

Looks good!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Here's another photo from the surgery that will give you a better idea of Dr. Reed's work. I'll post update photos at monthly intervals. Some of the best photos from the surgery were too large to attach but they're posted on my weblog.

Also, I'd love to see a Forum dedicated to post-op information. I may have missed it but it seems like an area that doesn't get a lot of focus on this site.