You Having Hair Transplant soon??

Those who are thinking of having Hair Transplant in the near future please share your thoughts here. Which physician and why, type of procedure and # of grafts. i think this will help lots of future patients.

Is anyone worried too much about pain???

#1 HT by Dr. Rahal on 08-21-08

Strip 26.6 cm

Total 4308 grafts

-1116 single grafts

-2287 double grafts

-898 triple grafts

-7 quad grafts

Total Hairs: 8412

Medications:

Minoxidil 5%

Finasteride 1 mg daily

Those who are thinking of having Hair Transplant in the near future please share your thoughts here. Which physician and why, type of procedure and # of grafts. i think this will help lots of future patients.

#1 HT by Dr. Rahal on 08-21-08

Strip 26.6 cm

Total 4308 grafts

-1116 single grafts

-2287 double grafts

-898 triple grafts

-7 quad grafts

Total Hairs: 8412

Medications:

Minoxidil 5%

Finasteride 1 mg daily

First like most others will tell you...Research, research, research. I have been thinking and learning about having a HT for a while now and still learn something new everyday. I am so glad that I have waited this long, as once I do go in for a transplant I will be an extremely informed patient.

Graft number estimates in my case have been fairly consistent with the doctors I have had consults with. Makes me feel confident in the with the choice of the doctors I have been contemplating.

Not worried about the pain at all. Concerns include results (natural looking/detectibility), the scar on the back of the head, and the need for additional transplants in the future. Once I go down this road I will most likely need another procedure in the future. That worries me the most.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Originally posted by omviki:

Well, I just had one so I can add.

First, the pain is minimal. Given, it's a pain in the butt to have sutures in your head for the next 10 - 14 days, and there is some tightness there. But, in my case that was the worst part of it all.

It hurt a lot, lot less than the procedure I had back in 1991. I guess those big holes they punch hurt a lot more, but there was a world of difference.

Personally, I put more emphasis on the 'Hair Loss Weblogs'. I emailed some patients and got their reviews (mostly offline) and all of them were very helpful and sent pictures. Some of them don't post here at all anymore as they are no longer bald.....

I also like the online chats on Wednesday nights. Often they have a doctor participating. When calling the clinics, I was turned off by any bad mouthing of other coalition clinics. I generally scratched them off the list when that occured. I talked to a couple of doctor's personally, Charles and Cooley. Ironically, both of them spoke very highly of each other. I went with Dr. Cooley based on results first, and then when everything is equal I chose him b/c he was the closest of the three I narrowed it down to and the price was good as well.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week