Situation-first 7 days info please

Kkat

HI Guys. Here is my situation. I am having a transplant.

I want to know what the rough look will be 7 days post op. The reason is that on day 8, I must go to work. Will 7 days recovery be enough to hide the work (ie. swelling, redness with hat, etc etc?

Who has some pics of 7 days straight?

kkat

HI Guys. Here is my situation. I am having a transplant.

I want to know what the rough look will be 7 days post op. The reason is that on day 8, I must go to work. Will 7 days recovery be enough to hide the work (ie. swelling, redness with hat, etc etc?

Who has some pics of 7 days straight?

kkat

Sorry, no pics, but I think at 8 days you will be OK with a hat. The recipient areas will probably look pretty good, but the donor will still look sort of nasty. A baseball-type will probably cover that. I assume that you are getting your sutures/staples out at 7 days, which will help some. If I remember correctly, you shaved your head, which means that you will not have any hair to cover the donor while it's healing, so the hat will be your constant friend.

On my website I have some 8 day pictures. Your scabs will be gone, but there will remain redness. If you are pasty white- I'd recommend going tanning a few times first. Then the contrast will be lessened. ALSO- If someone says something about your head being red/pink- you can say that you accidentally had the "head tanning lamp" on. Or that they must have changed the bulb or something...

Futzy's site

The only other thing that will be left is the incision marks. They will look like "large pores" (like how the pores on your nose seem to get larger as you get older...) If you have any hair at all, that helps to mask the pink...

Hope this helps!

Hey man,

I am 5 weeks post op and have notices these pore like incision marks that i didn't with my first 3 surgeries. In one spot escpecially they look like almost holes.

But they look healed.

Any comments?

yup- Relax- They will fade... take a picture now, and take a picture in a month and campare. 5 weeks is too early to worry. I'm not sure why you didn't notice them in prior surgeries...Mine were around for 2-3 months. But both of my surgeries resulted up in a "normal" looking scalp- Nice and smooth- Hang in there!

At 8 days post op, I am told that wearing a ball cap is not problem.

But, the problem for me is that the ball cap doesnt completely hide the staples.

I bought a very thin Roots black toque today (its knitted, but thin).

Can i wear that at 8 days post op? It covers everythign, and isnt' really tight.

Help please.

You need to realize that other people forget really quick, about things you think are important. I had an HT 4 months ago, today nobody even remembers it. It didn't even come up once, after I stopped wearing a hat 3 months ago. It's really nothing in the big picture.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

micropose, I hear you loud and clear. But, I still want to wear the knit beanie (bought it from roots).

Is 8 days enough to wear that. It is not that tight, and is comfortable, looks stylish for what I do, and I will be in a very cold environment the whole time.

Thanks.

This probably sounds too easy, but why don't you just delay your surgery by 8 days? The you don't have to worry about the hat at all?

I don't think you have to worry about your hat, but you should ask your doctor.

Mr. T