Best surgeon for thinning hair

jmorgan

Hi everyone. Forum newbie here. I've been considering a HT for a long time and I'm about ready to take the leap. I can see that this is a pretty amazing resource here.

I have a question that perhaps some of you can help me with. I'm a long time Propecia user and have experienced gradual thinning over the top of my head--an area which I believe would probably be bald now, if not for the Propecia! However, the thinning has progressed to a point where I now feel compelled to do something about it. I would like to start up front and add some additional density, but it would mean transplanting into an area that already has some (still slowly thinning) hair. Are there any recommended surgeons that I should be looking at for this type of work?

Thanks!!

Hi everyone. Forum newbie here. I've been considering a HT for a long time and I'm about ready to take the leap. I can see that this is a pretty amazing resource here.

I have a question that perhaps some of you can help me with. I'm a long time Propecia user and have experienced gradual thinning over the top of my head--an area which I believe would probably be bald now, if not for the Propecia! However, the thinning has progressed to a point where I now feel compelled to do something about it. I would like to start up front and add some additional density, but it would mean transplanting into an area that already has some (still slowly thinning) hair. Are there any recommended surgeons that I should be looking at for this type of work?

Thanks!!

Hi Jmorgan--transplanting into existing native hair without shocking out or transecting the existing hair takes some skill.

If you would like, either post some pics of your loss or send them to me at jason@shapiromedical.com with your age and I and other members can give you a better opinion.

There are several top clinics that can work in and around existing hair, if you do a search on the work posted here you will get enough information to consult with these clinics.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jason. I will forward you my pic.

Can anyone else comment on this? I'm just curious if anyone here has gotten this sort of work done. I understand there are concerns about shockloss, but I figure that hair is eventually doomed anyway...

Cheers!

Here is something I posted today. It is an example of a conservative approach to hair restoration. While conservative, if your case warrants 3000 grafts, that is also a possibilty. Please send us your photos.

CONSERVATIVE

Jessica

HT Coordinator

Limmer HTC

Dr. Brad Limmer is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks. I've being doing quite a bit of reading on here and also consulting with possible clinics. I'm considering around an 1800 graft FUE procedure into diffusely thinning areas and would be happy to share my experiences going forward. I just wanted to check in again in case anyone had any additional thoughts on this.

Thanks!