Question about hair systems

jessie

Hey guys...before I ask, let me first apologize if this sounds really stupid - I don't know much about hair systems. I am in my late 20s, and I suffer from traction alopecia. I used to style my hair in a tight ponytail back when I was younger. Anyways, it resulted in my hairline being receded by about 2-3cm, and maybe a little more in my temples. I have always been self conscious about it, and have considered hair transplant - but I don't feel I am at that point yet. Anyways, I am engaged, and my wedding is coming up shortly. I am really nervous about seeing old friends/relatives because of my hairline. I know I should just suck it up and stop worrying about it (which is what i probably will do.) But I keep thinking that if i could somehow conceal my receding hairline for the "big day," or at least fill in my temples a little bit - it would make me feel so much less anxious. Anyways, i keep reading about front lace hair systems, etc...but I don't know if any of them could help out or not. i don't have any experience with hair systems. Is there any type of short term solution that you guys can think of to help me out (I am not all considering hair systems as a long term solution, just something to get me through the short term...i know this sounds retarded btw). I have been to one website called "gayerhair", where they talk about "cut away" hair that can be used to fill in balding areas - I don't know if this is complete garbage, or is it something that could be useful to me. Anyways, I'd appreciate any advice - even if it is that i should just suck it up. Thanks alot

Jessie

• 2 weeks later...

Jessie,

Welcome to our forum.

Hair replacement systems can be a viable option to conceal or cover hair loss. However, the ones that look natural are typically quite expensive and high maintenance.

I'm not so sure I would plan your hair restoration around your wedding day, but this is your call. Many people attending will probably notice that you have hair all of the sudden in areas that were thinning or completely bald.

I also wouldn't consider getting hair transplant surgery any sooner than 6 months prior to your wedding, as the new hair only typically starts to grow around 3 to 5 months and fully matures between 12 and 18 months.

The best thing you can do is research all your options and speak to current or former hair piece wearers and hair transplant patients.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...

I agree with Bill. in regards to having a transplant close to your wedding date. I guess in your case you would have a few options.

You can buy a hairpiece which is quite natural looking for quite a lot less online then from a studio or consultant. BUT and this is the biggy..if you want the natural appearance you should have it cut in / fitted and maintained by a non-surgical hair replacement studio. This method will save you ALOT of money and give you the optimum non-surgical result.

As far as base or system options I would recommend going for these two which are best for a naturall appearnce:

(this system will be ultra light and transparent but is much more fragile so would need great care)

Base - Swiss Lace

Front Lace - Swiss Lace

(this system is very natural with added support and longer life / adhesion)

Base: Swiss Lace

Side and Back: Poly perimeter

Front Lace: Swiss lace

now make sure to do youor research into costings, ask the sellers the right questions and make sure they are not reselling another websites systems because this can creat huge delays n getting your system as well as poor communication.

good luck