A Shaved Head will Always Reveal a H/T!!

metro

Yes and no, Right after HT-- YES you will see that you had a HT. But several years afterwards, you might not be able to tell with a shaved head. The reason is that scars deminish over time (look at all the scars you might have received as a child --today you probably can hardly see them).. For some better than others. Also with a GREAT surgeon, the donor scar will be very thin and over time will blend in color with your skin-- at that time with a shaved head- the scar if notiable will look more like a forehead wrinkle.

A good example of this is Shawn Connery who has had HT in the past but for years has shaven his head. Also, medication used for burn patients can almost deminsh the scar if needed down to about 80%.

Metro,

When you say shaved I presume you mean the Michael Jordan look, shaved to the skin. Otherwise there's certainly lots of potential to buzz-cut down to a number two guide once enough healing has taken place.

If you think there's a good chance you would shave down to the skin, I would save your money on a HT unless you want the option of having hair and not having it someday.

Honestly, I have not seen but a few guys shave their heads after their HT procedures. A very high percentage grow their hair to two inches or more because it's so nice to see what you have just paid so much money for and what's been missing for too long, HAIR.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

take a look at "badhairday for life"...

when he shaves his head his scars are barely noticeable in my opinion

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

• 3 weeks later...