Pat's Nov 21st 2006 Surgery with Dr. Ron Shapiro in Mpls

• Administrators

If only women, including my mother, would take as much interest in me as you guys :-)

At this point, five weeks after surgery, I'm glad to report that I have had no noticable shock fallout. All the short transplanted hairs have shed and my scalp has healed up just fine. So at this point I look like I did the day before surgery. The only difference is that my hair immediately next to where donor area was closed is shorter than my hair around it.

I'm looking forward to getting a decent hair cut to help even things out. I also color my hair since I would be about 80% white otherwise. But in Dr. Shapiro's post op instructions he suggested not coloring for two months. So I'll have some very long white roots and hair by the time I get a decent cut and color.

My donor area has also healed up well and my scalp feels suprisingly normal with very little residual numbness. I would like to get my hair colored down to the roots so I can really see what my donor area looks like in a couple of weeks. I'd be happy to then post some more photos.

Thanks for everyones support and interest.

Pat the "Recovering Bald Guy"

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat,

LOL about the women. Glad to hear you are healing nicely. I'm glad you didn't experience any (or much) shock fallout. Of course, shock fallout tends to occur somewhere between week 5 and 7. I got off the hook nicely this time as well...now past 9 weeks and minimal shock fallout if any.

Please keep us posted with any new pictures you can share with us. Heal well my friend.

Bill

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

HK500,

Not much to show or report at this point 3 months after surgery. I have no new hair growing in. But my hair length has finally evened out and I have a decent hair cut (Dr. Shapiro is great surgeon but I wouldn't recommend him as hair stylist :-) I basically look just like I did before surgery - except three months older.

I hope to have some little sprouts to get excited about soon. Then I'll be fumbling for my camera to take photos to share. At my age I'm getting more forgetful. This seems to make waiting for my hair transplants to grow in easier.

Thanks for asking, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.