hairpiece/non-surgical hair transplany

smak

I AM BALDING RAPIDLY SINCE AGE 25. BUT IN THE L;AST 2/3 YEARS THE STRESSES OF MARRIAGE AND WORK IS SPEEDING UP THE PROCESS OF BALDNESS. I HAVE TRIED MINOXIDIL AND TABLETS. I FIND THEY WORK LITTLE BIT IF U R LIVING EASY LIFE BUT NOW I AM LOOKING FOR MORE PERMANENT SOLUTION TO MY BALDNESS.

I HAVE SEEN MY FREIND WHO WEARS HAIR PIECE OR NON-SURGICAL HAIR TRANSPLANT WHATEVER THE TERM IS.I MUST SAY THAT IT LOOKS NATURAL ON HIM EVEN THOUGH IT ONLY COST HIM ABOUT ??250. USUALLY SUCH THINGS COST ANYTHING FROM ??1000 UPWARDS TO ??5000.

NOW I AM ALSO PLANNING TO GO THROUGH SAME PROCEDURE OF MY FREIND, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING IT IS NOT VERY EXPENSIVE. BUT I WANT TO BE REALLY SURE ABOUT THIS B4 GOING AHEAD. FOR INSTANCE ISN'T IT THE CASE THAT ONCE U START WEARING THIS HAIRPIECE, U DESTROY URE EXISTING HAIRS ON THE TOP. EVEN THOUGH THESE PIECES R VENTILATED, BUT STILL HAVIN SOMETHING TAPED OR GLUED TO UR HEAD 24 HOUR,MUST BE BAD FOR THE FOLLICLES.

THIS IS WHY I AM GOIN THROUGH RESEARCH PHASE B4 COMMINTING TO HAIRPIECS. IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE OF MODERN DAY HAIR PEICES OR SOMEONE IN THE SAME POSITION AS ME, I WOULD BE GRATEFUL TO YOU IF U CAN KINDLY SHARE URE EXPERIENCE WITH ME. THANK U.

I AM BALDING RAPIDLY SINCE AGE 25. BUT IN THE L;AST 2/3 YEARS THE STRESSES OF MARRIAGE AND WORK IS SPEEDING UP THE PROCESS OF BALDNESS. I HAVE TRIED MINOXIDIL AND TABLETS. I FIND THEY WORK LITTLE BIT IF U R LIVING EASY LIFE BUT NOW I AM LOOKING FOR MORE PERMANENT SOLUTION TO MY BALDNESS.

I HAVE SEEN MY FREIND WHO WEARS HAIR PIECE OR NON-SURGICAL HAIR TRANSPLANT WHATEVER THE TERM IS.I MUST SAY THAT IT LOOKS NATURAL ON HIM EVEN THOUGH IT ONLY COST HIM ABOUT ??250. USUALLY SUCH THINGS COST ANYTHING FROM ??1000 UPWARDS TO ??5000.

NOW I AM ALSO PLANNING TO GO THROUGH SAME PROCEDURE OF MY FREIND, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING IT IS NOT VERY EXPENSIVE. BUT I WANT TO BE REALLY SURE ABOUT THIS B4 GOING AHEAD. FOR INSTANCE ISN'T IT THE CASE THAT ONCE U START WEARING THIS HAIRPIECE, U DESTROY URE EXISTING HAIRS ON THE TOP. EVEN THOUGH THESE PIECES R VENTILATED, BUT STILL HAVIN SOMETHING TAPED OR GLUED TO UR HEAD 24 HOUR,MUST BE BAD FOR THE FOLLICLES.

THIS IS WHY I AM GOIN THROUGH RESEARCH PHASE B4 COMMINTING TO HAIRPIECS. IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE OF MODERN DAY HAIR PEICES OR SOMEONE IN THE SAME POSITION AS ME, I WOULD BE GRATEFUL TO YOU IF U CAN KINDLY SHARE URE EXPERIENCE WITH ME. THANK U.

Well, it worked very well for me for three years. All along, I knew I HAD to get out of it. The problems, as you seem to be aware, are manifold:

a) it is an expensive solution -- I myself paid about $4000 per year

b) it requires constant maintenance and visits to the salon every 2-3 weeks. Even then, the week prior to your visit, you can sense the hair system coming loose or just not feeling right.

c) you are always worried (to some extent, at least) that your cover is gonna be blown off. It is quite the charade, to tell you the truth.

d) it does damage existing follicles because of the bond that's applied to keep the system on.

You owe it to yourself to try or investigate drugs and the possibility of a hair transplant. I've been through the hair system route and I can tell you that it's temporary for most people. Can you imagine spending a lot of money every year for the rest of your life and still not being "free"?

Smak,

My experience with a hairpiece/hair system is the same as Beegent. Not sure how your hairpiece/hair system provider will work, but if it's anything like here in the states, the cost definitely mounts after getting in and the constant visits to the salon for maintenance becomes a real pain. If you get a good system, they can and do like good like your friends. My looked quite good and I was generally comfortable with it when I was out in public, but wearing a piece limits your activities. At 41, I'm still a fairly active guy. When I wore the piece before my transplant, I found myself avoiding certain activities. Of course now, I don't have to worry about that because my hair is my own. A good example of this freedom occurred a few weeks ago when my girlfriend and I went to Orlando, Florida for a wedding. While there we hit a few of the theme parks and rode a few roller coasters. Now if I were still wearing my hair system then, I would have had serious concerns about riding a roller coaster because in the back of my mind I would have been thinking, is the damn thing going to stay attached or not. Mind you my system was attached with glue and tape, but I would have still been concerned. I'm not necessarily trying to tell not to get one, but having one will create new issues and concerns for you. Whereas, saving money up for a hair transplant and getting one will rid you of those types of problems. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you are happy with the results.

augustart

I agree with Augustart's response. I can understand very well coz I went through it myself. Not many will tell you that a) hair systems work and look really good and b) at the same time, they are not what they're talked up to be.

I've heard some here post messages that say that hair systems are ridiculous looking and a definite no no. My own experience has been that, if you know what to get out of it (without being unduly unrealistic) it can work well and look extremely appealing. But a lot of people are in a great hurry to get into it -- let's not forget the appeal of instant gratification. They don't do research on alternatives and get sucked into an option that's a constant source of financial drain as well as a huge pain in the neck when it comes to maintenance and upkeep.

Look into the alternatives such as HT, drugs, and/or concealers (Toppik/Couvre) and think about it a bit. If you finally choose that hair systems are the solution for you at this stage, that's ok too. Just know the ramifications of getting a piece.

Good luck and keep us informed.

• 4 weeks later...

I started loosing hair when I was 19 years old (I am 21 now) to tell you the truth I think it was the worst thing that happend to me. Anyway I started using Rogaine and Propecia (the first 1 and a half year and the latter fo 8 months) but not seen the expected resaults. To make things worse almoust 90% of the doctors I have contacted have sugested me to wait until 25 for a hair transplantation. So now my last resort was puting a hairpiece but from what I can hear from you guys is that is not all that good and takes constant maintenance. Well I must do something, because losing hair in front of the mirror every day is driving my nuts. Any sugestinons?

• 4 years later...

Yes I AGREE WITH ALL ABOVE I wore a system for over 20 years and spent a lot of money I just had my first transplant with agood

surgen.and I can tell you this its feels so good to be out of the system.I now have wait for this to grow in and I will proberly do it again.I think

in the long run the ht is better.and cheaper In the long run.Iwas suprised that alot of my hair grew back.from the system

I feel for you guys as I went through it!

I REFUSED to get a wig and just cut my hair short and used concealer for years. It was hard avoiding some activities etc. but gradually I had 3 HT's and now I have a great head of hair.

At the end of the day it is up to you but once you start a hair system you are almost "stuck" with it and then have to deal with the anxiety. Personally, I like my strategy.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Completely agree w/ above post.

Also, many of the people who start flipping shit about their hairloss and look to a "system" as some sort of salvation generally, imo, would be VERY VERY VERY well served by acquainting themselves with Mr. Dermmatch and Mrs. Toppik.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

imo, would be VERY VERY VERY well served by acquainting themselves with Mr. Dermmatch and Mrs. Toppik.

Hi, I currently use Toppik and Couvre. This is the first time I've heard of Dermmatch. I checked out their site and it seems like I can perhaps replace both Toppik and Couvre by this one product. Would love to hear from someone using Dermmatch currently.

Thanks!

Hey Diffus_Case,

I just apply Dermatch after towel drying my hair after a shower.Dont try to paint the scalp or you'll get a chalky look.Just use it on your existing hair.A member here recommended using a fine toothbrush to apply it,and it works awesome for me.Dermatch will thicken up those thin hairs.It doesnt take much.The next thing I do is blow dry it and brush it in to blend.I look to see if I got enough on,if not I will just put a little more on using my fingertip.Comb again.Add a few sprinkles of topiks.Comb it through.ONCE I AM SATISFIED with the coverage,I add some Nioxin gel to give it a shiny finish.It really only takes me less than 10 minutes.You can do this every day,or like me,I do it every other day.I leave it in overnight.It is also waterproof for the most part it wont come out until you shampoo it out. It is going on 5 months since my 1st HT and it seems that each time I wash out my hair,the less consealers I need next time.It is amazing.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture