SCALP EXERCISES WORK

Hi all

Just wanted to share my success story with everyone. I just had my 3rd HT and it has been by far the smoothest. 2 key points I've learned over the past 2 years.

1 - Scalp exercises do work!! - The first 2 Ht's I got 1417 and 1476 with both times having my scalp extremely tight post op.. This time I took Bill and Jotronics advice and did my scalp exercises religiously for 1 month prior to surgery

RESULT - Dr. True was impressed by my laxity and I was able to get 2124 this time!! In addition, my scalp is not tight post op which is the total opposite than my last procedure ( and I had almost 700 more this time)

Do them guys, it works!!

2 - Clean donor area very thouroughly post op - Upon taking the donor strip for my 3rd procedure, Dr. True mentioned I had some excess scarring in my donor area which was from scabs.. In all honestly I wasnt aggressive enough in the cleaning of it previously ( and I still couldn't see the scar at a #2 guard).I was scared to be too rough but was to gentle resulting in scabs forming.

POINT - I am cleaning the sutures more agressively, meaning using my fingers and rubbing with a fair amount of pressure. Last time I used the surgical brush and was too ginger. The key to a minimal scar is a clean suture area. I am making it a point this time to be more thorough in my cleaning with more pressure and using my fingers to feel for scabs.Of course I am still applying the ointment but I did that last time as well

That's it.. Learn from my mistakes!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi all

Just wanted to share my success story with everyone. I just had my 3rd HT and it has been by far the smoothest. 2 key points I've learned over the past 2 years.

1 - Scalp exercises do work!! - The first 2 Ht's I got 1417 and 1476 with both times having my scalp extremely tight post op.. This time I took Bill and Jotronics advice and did my scalp exercises religiously for 1 month prior to surgery

RESULT - Dr. True was impressed by my laxity and I was able to get 2124 this time!! In addition, my scalp is not tight post op which is the total opposite than my last procedure ( and I had almost 700 more this time)

Do them guys, it works!!

2 - Clean donor area very thouroughly post op - Upon taking the donor strip for my 3rd procedure, Dr. True mentioned I had some excess scarring in my donor area which was from scabs.. In all honestly I wasnt aggressive enough in the cleaning of it previously ( and I still couldn't see the scar at a #2 guard).I was scared to be too rough but was to gentle resulting in scabs forming.

POINT - I am cleaning the sutures more agressively, meaning using my fingers and rubbing with a fair amount of pressure. Last time I used the surgical brush and was too ginger. The key to a minimal scar is a clean suture area. I am making it a point this time to be more thorough in my cleaning with more pressure and using my fingers to feel for scabs.Of course I am still applying the ointment but I did that last time as well

That's it.. Learn from my mistakes!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thank you for the info. However I don't quite understand when you mentioned: "excess scarring in my donor area which was from scabs". How do the scabs create more scarring? Is it okay to apply pressure to the sutures with your fingers in order to clean them if there are still some tenderness on the donor closure? THanks again.

Hi

The scar needs oxygen to heal and scabbing prevents that.. Yes, it is ok to apply light pressure on the stitches to clean them and remove excess blood. This time around I have been more diliigient in the cleaning and I notice a big difference.. It's cleaner and no scabs.. This time I will have a perfect scar

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• Administrators

Mrjb,

Thanks for sharing some excellent advice. You're right about the scalp exercises and keeping the donor area clean. Doing the exercises in particular can make a real difference.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Thanks Bill

I'm pretty happy about the result.. I'm at 5017 total! Now the waiting game. You should be getting some sprouts soon huh ? How long after did you wait to go back on Nizoral.. I'm at 8 days post op and havign been using baby shampoo to be extra gentle

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!