Jagdish Pictures - first HT Feb 15 2006

jagdish

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once he loses what natural hair is surrounding his overlarge mini-graft session, it will not look the same. In addition, I imagine he looks much different in person.

He still has a a pluggy HT. just disguised by photos/videos and existing native hair.

(from my perspective)

Glad he is happy though.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by the B spot:

Once he loses what natural hair is surrounding his overlarge mini-graft session, it will not look the same. In addition, I imagine he looks much different in person.

He still has a a pluggy HT. just disguised by photos/videos and existing native hair.

(from my perspective)

Glad he is happy though.

I posted the same comment a while back, more or less. It sucks as the plugs are right to his already low hairline. It's not a good sign when you get half of your head HTed, and you can clearly count (with plenty of room to spare) the individual "grafts" on an HT.

I hope that he has some more hair in the reserves and that he uses it better this time.5481047672_ind_ht2.jpg

not to beat a dead horse but compare the graft sizes:

4971088672_5_days_post_op.JPG?ts=45459B16&key=5C61859016D5F86A3230B43D31C064D4&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fhair-restoration-info.com%2Feve%2Fforums%2Fa%2Fga%2Ful%2F5971088672%2F5_days_post_op.JPG

ind_ht2.jpg.3741d478ea8c5cc37af7fbaaeae9b500.jpg

I agree with some of the latter comments. While it looks good in the video and in recent photos, the true test of 'old school' hair transplants is when the existing native hair begins to fall out leaving nothing but the old HT's in plain sight. This is the situation I experienced with Bosley. At first, I thought it was great and very natural... and then I learned otherwise as my native hair began to fall out leaving nothing but a pluggy hairline.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Well let's hope that he keeps his existing native hair. Surely the HT hair looks pluggy...I think I commented on this as one of the first comments. Clearly this is old school HT. But based on his current situation with enough native hair, everything looks good together.

I mean in no way to insult you Jagdish so I hope you don't take offense. We are just concerned for what the future might hold for you if you lose your native hair that surrounds the transplanted hair. Are you taking Propecia? If not, I'd get on it soon.

Bill

Don't sweat it Wes!!!!!! None of us got it all figured out!!!!

I could see how someone would think by his results that this was a successful, refined surgery.

Bill--- I am going to start calling you Batosi'

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Yeah forgive the hasty while at work spelling ---manslayer.

Dude, I wish they would put RK back on cartoon network everynight. It is bad enough I have to wait until 11:30pm for Inuyaha and 12:00pm for Full Metal Alchemist.

Oh well, keep your fingers crossed for the Anime channel.

What are you thoughts on DBZ?

BTW people probably think we are F'ing nuts

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

The problem is different than what you think. I don't have problem of bigger grafts. But bigger incisions. Most of my transplanted hair grafts are 2s and 3s. In hairline 1s and 2s, In the middle there are 2s, 3s and 4s. Doctor says it is FUT but I don't think so. It does not have pluggy look at all. The hairs are grown fully but curly. I hope they will become straight soon.

Now the main problem is the bigger incisions. When I comb left to cover the incisions, my hair looks natural. But if I comb back the hairline looks very abnormal. One can clearly observe that someone digged a hole and planted a hair. I have not posted any pictures showing this problem. Attached is the picture I took just now with mobile cam. It is not clear. I will try to post a clarity picture. I have been hiding this by combing left and using dermmatch. Because the incisions can not be filled in again, I think I need to get some dense packing done in the hairline to hide those incisions. What do you say?

Image.jpg.534cbee42b9f4f57fa219bcaf80a9e82.jpg

Ravi Vide

jagdish,

yes, I could see that the wide incisions were obvious in your 3 month pictures. Generally speaking your hair looks pretty good according to the pictures right now...perhaps don't do anything for now. What's done is done! The reason I say to wait right now is because you seem to have a good amount of native hair that is covering the insicions and the grafts....but maybe the pictures aren't that accurate I can't tell. My advice is when you need another HT, do NOT go to the same doc...go to a top coalition doc even if it means you have to travel a long distance.

B Spot,

never really watched DBZ...heard good things though!

Yep...it's ok that we are nuts though :P

please for your own good I hate seeing this go to dr ron shapiro,dr allen feller,dr robert bernstein,or hasson and wong if you mess this up again you might be just about out of doner and your other dr. might have distroyed alot of your doner ,if you cant afford it than finace it just like a car payment

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by jagdish:

Yes. We have Indian Idol.

Basically this is how Indian film songs are made. Looks funny ofcourse. But I got good feedback from Indian viewers.icon_smile.gif

Next time I will make a video keeping in mind american viewers.

Hi Jagdish,

I am from india and I am thinking of having a HT done. I have been going through this forum for the last few days and would like to know the name of any good HT doctor in india.

hairhopeful,

I'm not one to jump in to say "there is none, fly to the west", but basically, it seems that fine hair transplant surgeons are hard to find in the east for whatever reason. If you read through this thread and see some of the comments made, you'll see that there has been some great concern expressed by members of this forum (including me) since old school technology (micro or mini-grafts) were used on Jagdish. His results came out decently, however, the concern is what he will look like if he loses the native hair around the grafts. If you see one of the pictures compared side by side, you'll see a big difference between Jagdish's immediately post op photos (with big incisions with hairs spread far apart) and Follicular Unit transplantation (with small incisions with grafts densely packed together). There may be some fine surgeons in India, but I don't know of any. My rule of thumb is, why take the risk when you can go for a sure thing. Your best bet is to fly west and go to a surgeon that has yielded consistent positive results.

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp

Bill

• 5 months later...

Hello Friends,

I am Back. :-)

I had been busy in life. I am now 16 months 7 days post op. The first surgery hair has fully grown. Lost some native hair. Not very bad results from my first HT but definitely not good results. The good thing is that I don't look bald now. The bad things are that I can not comb back. It clearly shows those bigger incisions. Other bad thing is that my hair looks dead. It looks good for 1 to 2 hours after a head bath. Then it does not stand. It looks like it has no energy in it and it drops on the scalp. I think this condition is due to the grafts transplanted far apart and there is not much density.

I decided to go for a second session of 2000 grafts for the frontal 1/3. I will keep you posted on my progress from start to end.

Ravi Vide

Jagdish, for HT in India you are a legend. I have been waiting to hear from you. I spent a long time reading all the posts on the thread you started. That is what encouraged me to start on my own research or I could be the next victim of Dr. Goyale.

I am sure you dont know him. But I have met a few patients and Goyale is worse that Ashok.

I am glad for you. I especially liked your video.

Are you going to Dr. Arvind for your next ht? I thought you had already got your second one from your previous posts.

Hi Jag

I hope you are not going back to the same doc? A good doc could fix the bad work done by the previous

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Gorpy, Good to hear from you too. I saw your second session pics. They look great.

Jolly, Nice to see your comments. icon_smile.gif I did not have the second one yet. I will be going for it on July 31st,07.

Mrjb, No I am not going to the same doc. I am going to Dr.Arvind for my second session.

Ravi Vide

Is it OK if I drop by on 31st July and see how everything turns out? I mean meet you after your ht or before, if its ok by you.

Originally posted by Jolly:

Is it OK if I drop by on 31st July and see how everything turns out? I mean meet you after your ht or before, if its ok by you.

Jolly,

My flight reaches Delhi at 7:45AM. I guess I will reach the hospital around 8:30AM. The hospital opens at 9:00AM. I think we can meet between 8:30AM and 9:00AM at the hospital. After surgery I am not sure how much time I can spare. My return flight is at 9PM.

Anyway you can see the complete details here including pre-op and post-op pictures and continuous updates.

Ravi Vide

jagdish,

From what I've seen, at least, immediately post op from Dr. Arvind, the work looks that of quality. I have not seen anyone who has posted immediately post op photos of their work with Dr. Arvind go the distance and post their final result yet. I hope you will go the distance and share your results.

I trust your results will be much better than your previous.

Bill