Result's after two HT's with Dr. Laris

Oblivion

I'm 26 and I had my first HT with Dr. Laris 4 years ago, I was 22 going on 23. The experience was good, but I've been wearing a hat ever since. I've withdrawn from everybody, I have 0 friends left that I talk to. I don't communicate with my family or anything, because I feel like I'll be humiliated. So no friends, no relationship, nothing since I had my HT's with Dr. Laris and I've been wearing a hat ever since. I've had in total 2 HT's with Dr. Laris at his office in Pheonix, Az, Pheonix Skin. First HT was when I was 22 and the second a year later at 23. Here's my photo album. Tell me what you think. Suggestion are definitely welcome.

9371013143_1A6646126A046419FF30CFE8E8CD1F43.jpg.thumb 8371013143_F0753DD5A981C4B6E30B3F03A4668A03.jpg.thumb 7371013143_C7C0128EAF9D368D47205B841D6799CE.jpg.thumb 6371013143_82FF954FBF077B3BD2747FF8E6C50A2C.jpg.thumb 5371013143_88745EFCE2620CF2244B2A2F652BE575.jpg.thumb

I'm 26 and I had my first HT with Dr. Laris 4 years ago, I was 22 going on 23. The experience was good, but I've been wearing a hat ever since. I've withdrawn from everybody, I have 0 friends left that I talk to. I don't communicate with my family or anything, because I feel like I'll be humiliated. So no friends, no relationship, nothing since I had my HT's with Dr. Laris and I've been wearing a hat ever since. I've had in total 2 HT's with Dr. Laris at his office in Pheonix, Az, Pheonix Skin. First HT was when I was 22 and the second a year later at 23. Here's my photo album. Tell me what you think. Suggestion are definitely welcome.

9371013143_1A6646126A046419FF30CFE8E8CD1F43.jpg.thumb 8371013143_F0753DD5A981C4B6E30B3F03A4668A03.jpg.thumb 7371013143_C7C0128EAF9D368D47205B841D6799CE.jpg.thumb 6371013143_82FF954FBF077B3BD2747FF8E6C50A2C.jpg.thumb 5371013143_88745EFCE2620CF2244B2A2F652BE575.jpg.thumb

Who is Dr. Laris?

I haven't had a HT yet, but the scar part scares the bejesus out of me. I don't think the front looks bad or unnatural, but your scar, from what I understand, definitely looks bigger than it should.

Did you research HT's much before you jumped in? Have you looked into using concealers to mask that scar?

From the research I've done, Dr. Rose looks like one of the best when it comes to closures and scars. Might wanna consult with him if you live close to Tampa.

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Guest wanthairs

oblivion.....

I think the problem is not with your hair.......

I would give my left testicle to have as much hair as you have......Ive been balding since I was 14, becoming a full blown slaphead at about 23 and I still fucked hundreds of women, was married to a model, even after my first transplant, a few months ago I shaved all my head to reveal this massive scar and I still went out and picked up women.......Just say it was a motorcycle accident.....I used my scar as a point of curiosity for them which i would never reveal the answer and it made them more intrigued.

I think you should fell happy with the amount of hair you have. You can always use TOPPIK to make it look 1000% full and just do exercise and chill out and live life ad find a way to achieve happiness.

Yes you still have alot of hair ,but that doesnt make you feel any better seeing people with less,I know. Be grateful for what you got and try to keep it by taking propecia .You could defintely kill two birds with 1 stone by going to one of the top docs and having them completly remove that scar and rebuild and really thicken your hairline.

Oblivion, Get back in the race. Most of us in this forum can relate to your concerns about your hair loss because either we've been there or are there now. I viewed your pics and despite some thinning in the frontal zone, I think you present fairly well.

Given your concerns, you do have options. Your donor area seems decent enough. If you were interested, a quality doc could add density and do a scar revision for you. That should top you off well. Till then, get out there and enjoy life. Hair loss is a part of the human race for both men and women. Nobody truly notices enough except you. If you don't make your hair loss an issue, it's very likely neither will anyone else. If they do, that's on them.

Remember, most of us know exactly where you're coming from and sometimes a little different perspective goes a long way. Post any time, we're listening.

Oblivion,

Welcome to our community.

As you can see, this community is in your corner! We are glad to have you aboard to join us.

Let me say a couple things, first about your hair transplant and second about life.

Regarding your hair transplant...

It is obvious by your pictures that you haven't received state of the art hair transplantation. It appears that you have received minigrafts rather than ultra refined follicular unit transplantation.

Additionally, though you are wearing your hair pretty short and the picture is a little blurry, I'd suggest that the scar appears wide for today's standards.

And here's what burns me up...

Because of your age and minimal level of hair loss, I'd suggest that you were not a good hair transplant candidate. Unfortunately, there are many doctors out there that will be glad to take money even if it isn't in the patient's best interest.

I recommend reading:

Am I too young for a hair transplant?

What should I consider when researching hair transplantation.

Unfortunately not all hair restoration physicians are equal in ability, skill, and ethics.

BUT...THERE IS HOPE!!!!

Here's what I'd recommend for you:

1. Consider FDA approved hair loss medication such as Propecia (finasteride) and/or Rogaine (minoxodil) to help prevent future hair loss. Be sure to learn all about the possible benefits, limitations, and risks associate with them.

2. Consult with one of our first-rate coalition physicians. You are priviledged enough to have Dr. Alexander local to you if you live in Phoenix, AZ. Consult with him and see how he can help repair your scar and hair transplant to give you a fuller, natural look.

Regarding life in general...

My friend...

I don't know anything about your life or why you don't have any friends right now. But I suspect that it's because you have withdrawn yourself because you feel less of a man for having experienced hair loss and a bad hair transplant.

This is the time I'd encourage you to confide in a few close friends and let them be there to encourage you. Those who care will not ridicule you (and if they do, they will probably be joking and will stop once you tell them you are sensitive about it).

But you are young and have a lot of hair left. This is a good thing. But more than that...life is much more than hair! Don't withdraw from your friends but rather cling to those you love as if you had a full head of hair! Truth is...I bet your friends miss you!

Your hair is fixable and your life is fixable.

If there is anything I can do to help you, feel free to send me a private message.

Best wishes,

Bill -

After reading all your comments, I feel alot better. That guy up there talking about getting all those women =p that was great! lol.. I've worn a hat for so long and pushed people away, that it's not easy letting anyone, even strangers get close. I was to young for that transplant and that pisses me off. No I didnt do my homework. I went in for a free consult and they told me I would only need one HT,that my hair was perfect texture/good canidate, and I had no idea about the scar. Just some pictures of the scar alone probably would've helped to change my mind. In fact, I didn't think the back of my head would ever be an issue. Thanks to all of you who responded so quickly to my post, and for all the positive feed back.

Oblivion,

I agree that there are some problems with your current hairline. You have obviously lost some hair and it has left a rather pluggy look exposed from your previous transplants. You can't turn back time, but you can drop in for a consult with Dr. Alexander in Phoenix. He does some outstanding hairline work that could really fix you up. He could reduce your scar also. There's no reason to continue suffering over this.

You can also go down to Tucson for a consult with Dr. Keene.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

If your in Phoenix, I would second Gorpy and others and go see Dr. Alexander or Dr. Keene in Tucson.....

You need to be VERY careful before making any decisions because you are so young.

However, you need to consult with an ETHICAL doctor who is not interested in your wallet----

Please do yourself a favor and get an honest assessment from one or both of these docs.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

oblivioun: man sorry to hear about your experience. I would go to a coalition doc for a free consult and see what they say. Not only can it not hurt, but I bet they can do a fantastic job at fixing you up.

But as far as your life goes (Im no psychologist but this is just how I see it): by withdrawing and staying in, your probably focusing on the problem, making it your entire obsession and thereby making it probably a thousand times worse in your head than what everyone else thinks. Maybe the pics dont tell the whole story, but from what I see if you wore your hair down in the front and grew out the back to cover the scar, I bet no one would even notice. Your too young to withdaw, especially from your own family.

I love these guys! Oblivion, I had a 'questionable' experience with MHR. I am FAR older than you. I became very obsessed with my hairline in my teens. At 44 I got fed up with my five-head as I called it. (As opposed to a forehead...) I was getting to the horseshoe around the back of the head stage, and I started with Propecia. I went to a consultation with MHR and the doc there said I would need 1700 grafts. Period. I jumped right in. I got the surgery in Feb. In May or so the guy said i'd need at least 1700 more to finish the job. I was, needless to say, pissed off. He also told me, to his credit, that i should wait 12- 18 months for the transplant to completely grow in. I found this forum just after the surgery, if I recall correctly. I have consulted with Dr True in NYC via online, and he won't even see me until it's been at least a year because he won't be able to determine what I need until then. I will visit him next spring. The progress is slow, the propecia is helping, my wife very generously tells me it's looking good (I know she says it because she loves me), but THIS FORUM has just about been the best help of all, I kid you not. The best move you can make? Here it is. The rest will be a lot easier because of your visits here.

Ringo