Getting a Strange treatment from Dermatologist

uvivek

Hi All,

I have been visiting a Dermatologist for past 2 months for hair loss along my hairline.The doctor has been treating me with quite a strange treatment which includes injecting a liquid into the hairloss areas.The procedure is basically similar to making holes in a solid surface using a needle.

I am really worried if this kind of treatment ever exists.

Please let me know if anybody has heard of this kind of treatment?

Thanks

Wow! That does sound strange and I've never heard of anything like it. Did the derm show you via before/after pics of those receiving this "treatment" whether or not it really works?

I'd be very skeptical and ask for proof before going any further. Usually ANY successful hair loss prevention method is pretty widely known since lots of balding types hate hairloss but I've not ever heard of anything like this.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

uvivek,

I never heard of such a treatment for hereditary hair loss - however, it is possible that you are being treated for Traction Alopecia? What is your hair loss diagnosis? One of the more common treatments of Traction Alopecia is to get corisone injections.

I recommend asking your dermatologist what type of hair loss you are experiencing and what he is injecting into your scalp, the quanity, and the purpose for such a treatment.

Bill

I am in United States presently and thats where i am getting this treatment. I went to the doctor and she said she has seen it before and witout any kind of diagnosis she starting injecting that thing.She has more than 10 yrs of derm exp so i did not ask anything.Please tell me wt all i need to ask.

Uvivek,

Ask the following questions - feel free to print this out:

1. What specific type of hair loss am I experiencing? Androgenetic Alopecia (hereditary hair loss), Traction Alopecia (hair loss in the hairline typically caused by cosmetic pulling of the hair - damaging the skin), Alopecia Arreta, Diffiuse Alopecia, etc.

2. What medication are you injecting into my scalp?

3. What is the quanity?

4. What is the chance this treatment will restore my hair?

5. How long is this required?

6. What are the potential risks/side effects of this medication?

In my opinion, it is extremely important to know what you are getting yourself into before undergoing any kind of treatment. Education is power.

Feel free to report the answers back to us.

Bill

Awesome..Thanks a lot for all the help you guys are providing.I will get you the full details of the doctor by tomorrow.Out of town right now.All the details are at home.The doctor is located in Bayonne,NJ.I will get the name tomorrow.

Thanks Again

icon_eek.gif Uvivek--Please get some info as none of us are familiar with this treatment and I certainly hope its not the "greenbacks" treatment. ie. She injects you with some bullshit that has obsolutely no efficacy at all and you (or your insurance company) pays her lots of cash.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Never heard of this type of treatment for MPB?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response. Was busy with some other stuff. So here i have the Dr Information.

name -Liliya Besedina

address 844 Ave C

Bayonne , NJ ,07002.

Let me know if anybody has heard about it.

Also i have not met her again to ask the Qs as told by you.Shall be doing it soon.

Thanks,

uvivek,

Thanks for reporting back.

Rather than the name of the dermatologist - it is important that you know what you are being treated for. I strongly recommend for YOUR sake that you do this ASAP and not put it off.

As I said, cortisone shots are a typical treatment for Traction Alopecia - but not for Androgenetic Alopecia (male pattern baldness).

Best wishes,

Bill

I would be very skepitical myself

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 3 months later...

uvivek,

Do not trust this Doctor. I just went there to have her check out a rash and before I knew it she was scraping it away. She didn't ask me any questions about how I got it or do it hurt or how long I had it. She is terrible and unprosfessional. I didn't ask her to scrape it. I just wanted to know what it was and have some lab work done.

Anyway, I want to file a complaint on her. Would you like to file a case with me?

Originally posted by uvivek:

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response. Was busy with some other stuff. So here i have the Dr Information.

name -Liliya Besedina

address 844 Ave C

Bayonne , NJ ,07002.

Let me know if anybody has heard about it.

Also i have not met her again to ask the Qs as told by you.Shall be doing it soon.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
t

hi vivek,

I hope u blongs to India.

Yah i had heard about it. This is also carried in one of hospitals in ghaziabad.

But from how much time r u getting this treatment and had u got some hairs after treatment or not?

Tushar

• 9 months later...
Originally posted by bayonne:

uvivek,

Do not trust this Doctor. I just went there to have her check out a rash and before I knew it she was scraping it away. She didn't ask me any questions about how I got it or do it hurt or how long I had it. She is terrible and unprosfessional. I didn't ask her to scrape it. I just wanted to know what it was and have some lab work done.

Anyway, I want to file a complaint on her. Would you like to file a case with me?

I checked the credentials of this doctor. SHe is NOT a board certified dermatologist!