deleted posts

Are you referring to zxcv's post as linked below?

zxcv

From what I have seen this site does not delete posts without good reason, even those attempting to advertise. They simply point out what you have done and in the above cases remove links.

Vinny,

I haven't removed any posts or threads recently, though there may be times this course of action is appropriate. However, I often move threads to the appropriate forum when they are misplaced.

If you have any specific information about the topic you are looking for, I'll help you find it. Or perhaps maxxy already did.

I hope this addresses your concern.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Maxxy for the link.

mmce,

what i am most interested is if fue is a better option for someone wanting to add density to a hairline?

500-1000 graphs

also is there a difference in the size of the incisions where the graphs are placed between fue vs. strip or is it the same?

which would provide for better density 500 fue or 500 from strip? this in regards to graft survival?

Bill,

Thank you for clarifying and providing all the info.

Yes, Maxxy provided the link.

what i am most interested is if fue is a better option for someone wanting to add density to a hairline?

500-1000 graphs

also is there a difference in the size of the incisions where the graphs are placed between fue vs. strip or is it the same?

which would provide for better density 500 fue or 500 from strip? this in regards to graft survival?

vinnythekid:

Based on numerous pictures of patients, strip HT is better than FUE, mainly because the survival rate is MUCH higher than FUE. It may be advisable to have FUE for a small session of 500 grafts, even though there is a much lower rate of grafts survival. However, HT is not exactly a walk in the park. I would prefer to add density with a strip of 1000 grafts, which will look like 950 grafts survived rather than a FUE of 500 grafts which will look like 250 survived. 250 grafts will not likely have any cosmetic difference for you.

Size of incision is the same for FUE and strip.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

hello,

The more I read the more I get all this. People are choosing strip cause its close to acurate for hair restoration. I always thought that all your donated hair grows once place.

My question is, Do doctors use all your grafts or trash whats not need??? Thanks

Originally posted by latinlotus:

500-1000 graphs

vinnythekid:

Based on numerous pictures of patients, strip HT is better than FUE, mainly because the survival rate is MUCH higher than FUE. It may be advisable to have FUE for a small session of 500 grafts, even though there is a much lower rate of grafts survival. However, HT is not exactly a walk in the park. I would prefer to add density with a strip of 1000 grafts, which will look like 950 grafts survived rather than a FUE of 500 grafts which will look like 250 survived. 250 grafts will not likely have any cosmetic difference for you.

Size of incision is the same for FUE and strip.

My question is, Do doctors use all your grafts or trash whats not need??? Thanks

PK-Hair,

Any reputable surgeon will never throw away viable grafts. Your surgeon should also discuss their policies on this and pricing with you before surgery. Many surgeons distribute the extra grafts for free while others may charge you for them. The key is, patients should know beforehand. Extra grafts should never be thrown away.

Bill

Like Bill said, any reputable doctor would not throw grafts away. On the other hand, i can compare to FUE with a yield rate of 50% (sometimes even lower), it is almost like you are throwing 50% of your grafts (and your money) away.

Note that strip can generate low yield as well in the hands of inexperienced/incompetent doctors. However, with a Coalition doctor, you can generally expect a yield of over 90%.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley