Recent experience with Dr. Rahal

Another satisfied customer. I went to Dr. Rahal on the 7th of July, and had a very positive experience. I think I got a grand total of 2400 freshly planted hairs along my hairline, and the healing process is well under way. I am back at work 3 days after and feeling fine.

Dr. Rahal and his staff were excellent throughout every stage. Dr. Rahal himself is extremely personable, very calming, and listens to everything you have to say and truly takes it into account. He is very helpful during the procedure, and keeps everything calm and confortable. He personally followed up with me the following day, a Saturday, and was honestly concerned with how I was. All in all, a class act, and so far as I can tell: a top surgeon.

I'll post pics when I can.

DD

Another satisfied customer. I went to Dr. Rahal on the 7th of July, and had a very positive experience. I think I got a grand total of 2400 freshly planted hairs along my hairline, and the healing process is well under way. I am back at work 3 days after and feeling fine.

Dr. Rahal and his staff were excellent throughout every stage. Dr. Rahal himself is extremely personable, very calming, and listens to everything you have to say and truly takes it into account. He is very helpful during the procedure, and keeps everything calm and confortable. He personally followed up with me the following day, a Saturday, and was honestly concerned with how I was. All in all, a class act, and so far as I can tell: a top surgeon.

I'll post pics when I can.

DD

I'm glad your surgery itself was a positive experience.

I see a pattern with a lot of people. They were treated "nicely" and call the doctor a "top surgeon".

The results ultimatly are the trademark of a great surgeon. I hope you get that great result to go along with the good initial experience.

I chose him because he seemed to be a top surgeon in North America, especially with hairlines. The fact that his prices are fair and every single post about him on this site were very very positive sealed the deal. I am happy to encourage anyone and everyone to strongly consider his work. I am a pessimist, and don't want to jinx the work done, but everything up to this point has been great, and worth the travel required.

Delawaredude,

You have made an excellent choice with Dr. Rahal. I've been impressed with his work for some time now and look forward to seeing how your results turn out.

Can you give us more information? How old are you? Where are you on the NW scale? Have any pictures you are wiling to share with us (pre-op and immediately post op)?

Heal and rest well!

Bill

Delawaredude,

I look forward to seeing your pictures. Congrats on the HT and choosing Rahal. Take it easy and happy healing icon_smile.gif

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. My story is that I am 30 years old, and am/was between a 2 and 3 on the NW scale. I started noticing a gradual recession at about 20, and started propecia at about 23. Propecia helped a lot, but the hairline was still very very slowly receding, and it obviously bugged me. My goal was to "reinforce" my hairline with very dense packing, and then go from there. My family history is pretty strong as far as baldness goes, with a class 5 as bad as I think I'd ever get, and this would probably come at about 60 years old. I am way more concerned with the hairline than any loss towards the back, so I was unafraid to pack it on up front at this early a stage. I plan on posting some pictures in the next couple days. Been 5 days now, still a good amount of soreness in the donor area (especially while sleeping), but all else is well.

Delawaredude, we seem to be the exact same as far as hairloss, age and family history is concerned. I had an online consult with H&W, but have been strongly considering Rahal. How long was the entire procedure?

It was a good seven hours. That was the only tough part, lying still on your back for that long. But he has a flat screen and a great selection of movies. Combine that with some "fun" pain killers, and it isn't all that bad icon_smile.gif

I really would recommend him all in all.

• 2 months later...