Out of town Procedures

I wonder about those of you that have had out of town procedures. I agree there are many reasons to choose this but it begs to wonder...

Follow up consultations, one of which is that is required ( suture removal ), after a procedure could really be inconvenient and as well expensive. Flight, hotel, time off work.

I wonder if those that have done this considered this beforehand and how it has turned out after an actual procedure. It's not like you can just schedule a quickie appt. for a concern you have afterwards etc...

Was this more of an inconvenience and/or expense than you expected?

Rambler

i think what most people are saying is simplY

DON'T LET GEOGRAPHY BE A DECIDING FACTOR IN WHAT IS A LIFE LONG AND LIFE CHANGING SURGERY ..... SERIOUSLY YOU'D HAVE TO BE A REAL DICK TO TAKE SUCH AN UNEDUCATED RISK

makes sence doesn't it ?

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Rambler,

You bring up important considerations.

In my opinion however, going with a world renowned clinic that produces consistent stellar results is worth the temporary inconvenience of travel.

Suture removal can be performed by your local general practioner and staples can even be removed by a friend.

Clearly the need to return to the clinic for a complication does become an issue. In most cases however, I have found that this is rare, but in the event of a serious problem, the inconvenience of travel returns.

Richie,

I agree with your advice but...

....SERIOUSLY YOU'D HAVE TO BE A REAL DICK TO TAKE SUCH AN UNEDUCATED RISK

A bit harsh don't you think?

Bill