increasing the dosage of propecia/proscar?

Shyguy

hello,

i've been taking 1 mg of propecia since it became available in 1997.

over the last few months i've had a lot of hair shedding near my crown to the point where i can now see some scalp showing.

has anyone switched to take 1.25mg of proscar to combat more shedding? has this worked for anyone?

i'm not sure what to do since i'm taking 1mg of propecia already. i plan on starting rogaine foam soon but i'm dreading the initial hair shedding that i read occurs when you start rogaine. i feel Avodart seems too risky but i plan on asking a doctor about it.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Using Propecia since 1997

Using Rogaine Foam once a day since 2012

Using Niazoral 2% once a week since 2012

increasing the dose will not improve the results; studies show that 1mg is the optimal dosage; if you want better results Avodart may be the way to go; however, it is not FDA approved for hairloss and if you get side effects, it could take longer for them to clear up; FYI, I have been on Avodart for almost 2 years now and it has improved my results after being on Propecia for 4 years.

Originally posted by dhoose75:

increasing the dose will not improve the results; studies show that 1mg is the optimal dosage; if you want better results Avodart may be the way to go; however, it is not FDA approved for hairloss and if you get side effects, it could take longer for them to clear up; FYI, I have been on Avodart for almost 2 years now and it has improved my results after being on Propecia for 4 years.

Thank you. This was what I needed to hear.

Do you also use Rogaine in addition to Avodart?

If so, do you use the foam or liquid?

Thanks again

Using Propecia since 1997

Using Rogaine Foam once a day since 2012

Using Niazoral 2% once a week since 2012