How to tell the quality of Hair Technicinans??

Mike you are right, Dr Humayun believes in two step surgery. 1st surgery is to get coverage and the second focuses on density. (I posted this question before our discussion in private)

Dr Humayun I agree with you I am still young and still balding therefore we have to be careful with how we spread the grafts across the area. As you said we need to take into account future hairloss as well. In hindsight you were right to go for coverage rather than density for the 1st surgery. I am sure I will get good results from yourself.

This thread is not just aimed at Dr Humayun but all hair transplant surgeons across the world. It doesn't matter if a surgeon is in Asia, Europe or America they all should be able to reassure patients of the education, experience, quality of their hair transplant technicians before surgery.

A lot of surgeons will say 'Yes I our technicians are very experienced and educated' but they won't tell you how they ensure/ asses the quality of their hair technicians work. (Some will make you feel like you have a mental issue for questioning them about their quality assurance procdures, but it is an important question) Whether we like it or not we are all human and prone to human errors and affected by our social environment, therefore it is important to constantly monitor the performance of the technicians to ensure they are doing the best work possible for the patients.

Dr N.K. you should always be comfortable with your surgeon and the technicians before the surgery. This is why it is so important the patients educate themselves as much as possible before a hair transplant surgery. If the Dr doesn't have the answers to your questions or you feel they are not giving you the responses you want then walk away or you may regret your decision.

Romeono1 being a doctor i have researched for more than 6 months before i went to Dr.Humayun !! So i have no complains with the Doctor .. he is a great human being and a great surgeon !! and im meeting him every month for a check up and he is giving me more time on every appointment than i think i usually require for a normal check up icon_smile.gif

Im replying to the post u have started about the "quality of Technicians" not the standards of my doctor !! So this goes to all the surgeons and techs working around the world !!

Im not here as a doctor on this forum but as a normal hair transplant patient !!

So i dont regret my decision at all and i still have all the faith in my doctor and in my results !! and yes it was my mistake that i didnt inquire about who will inject the anesthesia ! .. as i thought obviously the doctor performs it ?? !!

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Meshkin's list of questions to appraise the quality of the technical staff is excellent. I feel that length of tenure and using microscopes to cut the graphs are both crucial pieces of info to obtain.

In regards to questions to ask doctors, something I found quite interesting, is that some actually cut and make their own blades instead of using the standard supplied blades for scalp incision and graft work. This extra step is usually the sign of a very conscientious and skilled physician.

Panama Jimmy