Can Grafts grow in at different times? ? About Graft Loss

Hi Guys

I actually had a few questions.

First, I have recently been sufferering with extreme sebhorrea of the scalp or psoriasis of the scalp. It is all over the top of my scalp, as well as in the frontal areas where I had my grafts placed. A few times I have scratched my head, and noticed that the graft hairs were falling out. The grafts hairs were not at all long, and actually looked like they were just starting to grow. I guess my question is....Can the original graft hairs take 4 months to start fallin out from initial placement of the graft? Does this sound abnormal? Will they grow back?

Secondly, I noticed that the grafts in one section of the grafted site are growing in more evenly and faster than grafts located in a different section of the grafted site. ( I had 590 grafts in the very front/top of my head.)

Can grafts grow in at different times, even though they were placed all at the same time? Can this also be normal/abnormal?

I appreciate all of your thoughts ! I am starting to get a bit scared..(again)lol.

Thanks Again

Jenn

Hi Guys

I actually had a few questions.

First, I have recently been sufferering with extreme sebhorrea of the scalp or psoriasis of the scalp. It is all over the top of my scalp, as well as in the frontal areas where I had my grafts placed. A few times I have scratched my head, and noticed that the graft hairs were falling out. The grafts hairs were not at all long, and actually looked like they were just starting to grow. I guess my question is....Can the original graft hairs take 4 months to start fallin out from initial placement of the graft? Does this sound abnormal? Will they grow back?

Secondly, I noticed that the grafts in one section of the grafted site are growing in more evenly and faster than grafts located in a different section of the grafted site. ( I had 590 grafts in the very front/top of my head.)

Can grafts grow in at different times, even though they were placed all at the same time? Can this also be normal/abnormal?

I appreciate all of your thoughts ! I am starting to get a bit scared..(again)lol.

Thanks Again

Jenn

Jenn:

I wouldn't fret about this. The hair is a bit fickle and it falls out and regrows in sometimes offbeat cycles as Joto said.

I had maybe 10% of my transplanted hairs that *never* fell out. Well, I'm sure they've fallen out, but I never noticed it because the shedded hairs began to regrow again.

I had "surges" of regrowth: 5-6 weeks, about 3 months, about 7 months post op.

Like I said, go figure. Unpredictable shed/regrowth behavior -- but completely normal.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

For me it appears that one side is progressing a little faster than the other. From what I've heard from past experiences on this site is that this isn't abnormal. I'm looking at it that maybe one side is not behind the other but that the one side is kicking ass while the other is normal, soon to catch up.