Is 9 days too early to have staples taken out?

My doc says he thinks I would be okay to have staples taken out today at nine days post op. That way I don't have to have them in over the weekend. Ten days was what I was originally scheduled for. Would it be better to leave them in a few more days until monday or would that now make much difference?

Thanks

My doc says he thinks I would be okay to have staples taken out today at nine days post op. That way I don't have to have them in over the weekend. Ten days was what I was originally scheduled for. Would it be better to leave them in a few more days until monday or would that now make much difference?

Thanks

Mine are out now and it feels much better but after reading all of the stuff on this site about scar stretching I am really paranoid now. I'm barely moving my head at all and my wife says I look like a robot! Hopefully I'll relax soon.

Also in the same boat, 2 weeks post Op.

I was wondering if gaining weight during this period and hence stretching the skin would be bad for the scar as it heals.

If u notice when losing a few pounds, ur skin tends to be supple/loose as u lose fat below the skin, so i've been doing the cardiac exercise to lose a few pounds.