Instant hair with new "advanced storage solution"?

Dr Rogers (UK) recently claimed that he is using a new "advanced storage solution" that allows grafts to grow from day one and not shed:

Dr Rogers date=Apr 2 2007, 07:59 PM - We have found that since we changed to more advanced storage solutions (not just saline) for the grafts, more patients are finding their grafts are remaining and growing from day one(but not all, and some may still shed even 6 weeks later).

This is the first time I have heard of this and I was wondering if any of the US/Canadian docs are using this "advanced storage solution"? Or if any patients have actually been treated with this "new advanced solution"? I know some of my own grafts hung on for 6 weeks after my HT even without any "advanced storage solution", but the majority had shed by then.

Could this be true?

Dr Rogers (UK) recently claimed that he is using a new "advanced storage solution" that allows grafts to grow from day one and not shed:

Dr Rogers date=Apr 2 2007, 07:59 PM - We have found that since we changed to more advanced storage solutions (not just saline) for the grafts, more patients are finding their grafts are remaining and growing from day one(but not all, and some may still shed even 6 weeks later).

This is the first time I have heard of this and I was wondering if any of the US/Canadian docs are using this "advanced storage solution"? Or if any patients have actually been treated with this "new advanced solution"? I know some of my own grafts hung on for 6 weeks after my HT even without any "advanced storage solution", but the majority had shed by then.

Could this be true?

PB,

First time I'm hearing this too...I tend to be skeptical of new information at first, especially when general promotional words are used like "advanced storage solutions". What is this miracle advanced storage solution? What is "advanced" about it? The very word in itself reaks of promotional hype to be honest. Word like that are used to spark interest...make people believe that they have something that others do not...after all...it's ADVANCED!Taking out that very word would give it more credibility...bring it back down to earth. Of course, one should still ask what that storage solution is that they claim to work wonders...and that's my question. I'd be interested in hearing more from anyone who knows.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

What is this miracle advanced storage solution? What is "advanced" about it? The very word in itself reaks of promotional hype to be honest.

Bill

Hi Bill,

That's exactly what I thought, but I thought I'd check on other forums to see if there could be any truth in it and if anybody else has any information about it. Dr Rogers didn't mention what the solution(s) is/are.

Interesting info, PB. I've never heard of this before. If you're search for more info is fruitful be sure to share! icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I would be sceptical about this because UK doctors generally have a reputation for, well, sucking (it's a technical term). Also, the word "advanced" in place of a real description screams "snake oil".

Any way to get some concrete info on how this works?

Honestly,

If our coalition docs have not been utilizing this "new" procedure, I would discount it to a sub par technique. We have some global docs on here so I trust them better than other quacks out there.. No offense of course but hey, look at the credentials of the docs on here.. Can't get much better

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!