Post-Op: Concealer Use

Its been a week since I've had my first HT and I will be going back in the office next week to have the staples removed. Once they are out, my first stop is my barber to buzz the remaining part of the top, side and back down just enough to look presentable and cover the scar. Any advice on this?

Also, I've been a long-time user of Toppik and was wondering when I could start using that again. Has anyone who is further in the hair growth cycle used any concealers and had any negative effects in growth. The last thing I want to do is to use something that will harm the new hairs.

Its been a week since I've had my first HT and I will be going back in the office next week to have the staples removed. Once they are out, my first stop is my barber to buzz the remaining part of the top, side and back down just enough to look presentable and cover the scar. Any advice on this?

Also, I've been a long-time user of Toppik and was wondering when I could start using that again. Has anyone who is further in the hair growth cycle used any concealers and had any negative effects in growth. The last thing I want to do is to use something that will harm the new hairs.

Am 17 days post-op. Started using toppik day 13 post-op. I have been diligently washing my hair with shampoo every evening on getting back home from work. I checked with Dr. Wong, who said its fine.

Would love to hear comments from guys further out ....

The scar is healing well. Its covered with the hair I let grow prior to tx.

But I hear you could use dermatch 2 cover up, if u have some hair around. Since u shaved the area around, I would wear a cap 2 work or use an xcuse like u hurt urself and needed surtures or something...

I still have tenderness around donor area which is expected & is improving..No bleeding or discharge..Scalp does feel tight around the area, when i turn my neck while driving etc.

I have heard Dermatch is great at camourflaging scars.

You could maybe try courve but its a bit like boot polish imo but may work well on scars.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

• 1 month later...

Hey Repo-Man,

I think someone else commmented on something similar, and i asked my doctor about this same exact thing!

She told me that the transplanted hairs will still grow with the use of concealants (after 7-10 days of course) because the grafts get their oxygen thru the blood supply in your head. Just make sure you wash your hair carefully and on a regular basis, and you will be fine.

Anything worth doing is never easy

HairToday,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been using much concealer since my op. I'm a little over 6 weeks and have just been wearing a hat wherever I go.

I have a few weddings, etc coming up within the next two weeks and will give Toppic another shot. Good to know that the hair isin't affected with the use of concealer!