Propecia?????

I have been taking propecia for the last 2 years pretty regulary, will propecia still work if I decide to take it 3-4 days a week instead of a full seven? icon_smile.gif

1045 FUT "hairline" with Dr Feller on Nov 05

825 "hairline" with Dr Loria "saw so so results" on Jan 01

MHR 325 "hairline" micro/mini 's 1999 "big mistake"

I have been taking propecia for the last 2 years pretty regulary, will propecia still work if I decide to take it 3-4 days a week instead of a full seven? icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Beefy:

will propecia still work if I decide to take it 3-4 days a week instead of a full seven? icon_smile.gif

It certainly will. Switched from daily to every other day about a year ago with absolutely no difference. Research shows that the exact length of time that the drug stays active in your body is hard to determine but it is at least 48h (for a 1mg dose).

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Originally posted by hairworthy:
Originally posted by Beefy:

will propecia still work if I decide to take it 3-4 days a week instead of a full seven? icon_smile.gif

It certainly will. Switched from daily to every other day about a year ago with absolutely no difference. Research shows that the exact length of time that the drug stays active in your body is hard to determine but it is at least 48h (for a 1mg dose).

Thank You icon_smile.gif

Proscar costs me 100 odd dollars a year, and taking a pill everyday isn't particularly time consuming or a major problem.

I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it - because if you do and you're wrong, it's unlikely that you will recover to exactly where you left off from. I've seen it before.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Originally posted by finallyfree:

I think it will be better to take advise of your doctor on this.

Many doctors of the Coalition, including Dr Wong, are happy to recommend taking Finasteride every other day.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

To my knowledge there have been no studies to evaluate the effectiveness of every other day Propecia vs. every day. Sure there are lots of anecdotal report of effectiveness but no well controlled scientific study. Going to every other day just to save a few bucks is not a risk I personally care to take.

Originally posted by mm:

Is propecia more effecitve to be split and take .5 mg per day or 1 mg, every other day? Or does it not matter?

MM, I think those who do half dose mostly take the 1 mg every other day rather than split the pill into halves for every day use. I doubt it makes much difference and the convenience of not cutting the pill would make that the easier route I think. 1 mg every day is the best, though if side effects are a problem the every other day regimen is sometimes advised it seems.