Typical concerns of surgeon

What are some of the major concerns that the surgeon may have about a patient before performing a transplant and what are some of the questions that a surgeon would normally ask a first time hair transplant candidate/patient?

take care...

What are some of the major concerns that the surgeon may have about a patient before performing a transplant and what are some of the questions that a surgeon would normally ask a first time hair transplant candidate/patient?

take care...

i think a surgeons first concern is age v future loss.he will ask about the timeframe in which you lost your hair and about family hairloss traits,ie;father and grandfathers loss(both sides).he then can make an informed decision based on how bald you might end up.

his next concern will probably be how well you heal(scars).

my opinion only.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Balody is right on.

It is my opinion that the most salient over-riding concept to observe in hair restoration surgery is what I like to call the patient's "lifetime supply-demand balance".

Personal and familial hair loss patterns, age, past medical history, and medications taken all will play into this equation, and are critical areas of discussion to cover when consulting with a patient about their suitability for a possible hair restoration procedure. Observation and discussion of this concept will lead to the patient's appreciation that I want them to look good not only a year from now, but five to ten years from now, and that, should they require a "touch-up" in the future, we have created an initial design that will leave them with an adequate reserve to address any future demands their ongoing hair loss might require.

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors