Info about Dr. Greg Pistone-Philadelphia Area

Good Morning Fellas

Hope you all are well.

I was wondering if anyone has interacted or had work done with Dr. Gregory Pistone.

I e-mailed him re: my situation, and he says that he has been able to help many women.

He wants me to set up a consult to take photos of my Bosley HT. He wants to view my progress to see how it grows in, and if I would be a candidate for additional surgery.

Please let me know if you guys think it is a good idea to see him, or if I am just rushing things and being overly paranoid.

Thanks

jenn

Not at all. By all means, see as many Doc's as you can. Just hold off on falling for any bedside manner that might appeal; you wanna be looking at their patient book(s)/pictures. THAT's where you'll get the best idea of what that particular doctor is likely to give you for the rest of your life.

But I must stress again (even if it means starting a paragraph with a 'but' - but then, look at me!), DO NOT MAKE AN EMOTIONAL MOVE WITH THIS DECISION! You will find that MOST Doctor's have a very pleasing bedside manner, and you may even be offered discounts by some to get you in their chair sooner rather than later (the latter being a big warning sign). What matters most is their proven, past work.

Regards,

HarryLemon

by saying that the books in a doctor's office is a good indicator of his work but only for preliminary research. The true testament to a docs abilities is the freedom to contact his female patients to see how they feel about the work. Not just one or two but several.

Peace,

Jotronic

Carpe Capillus!!

www.jotowen.com

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree......

Talk to as many female former patients as you can. Do not rush....this is very important! I find it a good idea to write out a long list of questions before a consultation, including any questions you might feel stupid asking - they are not stupid (and even if they are... it's your money!), then when you get the answers - write them down. It may seem like you're doing an interview.... because you are. HarryLemon is right - <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> MOST Doctor's have a very pleasing bedside manner

- so the ability to review all the answers later, on your own, without the 'pitch', is very useful. Do this with everyone you see and see as many as you can. Then post any answers that concern you on this forum, there are enough of us on here that can spot BS a mile off.

Good luck.

Four transplants 1995-2003. 5% Minoxidil, Finesteride, Prostaguard, Nizoral 2%.

Hi Jenn:

I mentioned in an earlier post that Dr. Pistone is a board certified dermatologist in addition to being a HT surgeon, so, his overall expertise is well rounded....I consulted with him, in addition to many other surgeons before making my decision--at that time, Dr. Pistone was not on the recommended list....as many have advised, do as much research as possible before making your decision....take a look at Dr. Beehner's website also (Saratogahair.com)--he devotes part of his website to women's HT's & has some interesting info....from what I've read, women's results are more unpredictable than men's, so, it's best to be educated on the subject before you make your decison....good luck in your search!

Like I said earlier the only thing to do now is to hurry up and wait. You're in a good position now because of the fact that you simply can't have another procedure at this point in time. While you are healing and recovering you can use your time more wisely and by the time you make your decision and you're physically ready to do something you'll be a powerhouse of information.

Peace,

Jotronic

Carpe Capillus!!

www.jotowen.com

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I e-mailed him re: my situation, and he says that he has been able to help many women.

You can bet that pretty much every surgeon will say words to that effect. "How are you with Eskimos?" "Oh, I have a special interest in Eskimo hair transplants."

Many women are not really good candidates for hair transplants in the first place, and are better off doing a drug therapy, topicals, etc. If I were you, I would concentrate on figuring out if you are really an appropriate candidate for surgery. Getting additional surgeries if you are not an appropriate candidate will be counter-productive, needlessly expensive, etc etc. Women often have a diffuse hair loss, which means that their donor area is not truly permanent.

Also, women are able to take medications for hair loss that men can't take, so drug therapy might be a better route than getting surgical about it.

Did u Visit with Doc Pistone? Please share all the detail if u did, and if u didn't why?

Good Morning Fellas

Hope you all are well.

I was wondering if anyone has interacted or had work done with Dr. Gregory Pistone.

I e-mailed him re: my situation, and he says that he has been able to help many women.

He wants me to set up a consult to take photos of my Bosley HT. He wants to view my progress to see how it grows in, and if I would be a candidate for additional surgery.

Please let me know if you guys think it is a good idea to see him, or if I am just rushing things and being overly paranoid.

Thanks

jenn

• 3 years later...

I had my HT done by Dr. Pistone and if you look up my posts, you'll find that I didn't get satisfactory results.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog