Tattoo Removal.....

I've been going to this plastic surgeon here in town getting an old tattoo of greek letters taken off my ankle. Problem is, they don't 'own' the machine, but borrow it every couple of months so I've been working on it going on a year.

But, after five visits it's about 75% faded. This one was done back in '85 and it's that dark, permanent ink. I think todays tats are easier to remove. $25 to get it on, $500 to get it off. That's about right.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne, Have you tryed looking into a different laser to remove your tattoo? I know that even going from one doctor/laser operator to another can make a big difference in how long it takes to remove tattoos and other skin conditions. I know that first hand with a skin problem I had. Some doctors are just not as aggressive as they could be. I finally put my foot down, went to another doctor and said, You have to do better than the treatments I've been getting and it worked.

Originally posted by its752:

Dewayne, Have you tryed looking into a different laser to remove your tattoo? I know that even going from one doctor/laser operator to another can make a big difference in how long it takes to remove tattoos and other skin conditions. I know that first hand with a skin problem I had. Some doctors are just not as aggressive as they could be. I finally put my foot down, went to another doctor and said, You have to do better than the treatments I've been getting and it worked.

I thought about that and even got some quotes. But, this guy is like a mile from my office and he is doing it for a reduced rate. If they had the thing at the office it would be ideal but I think the manufacturer let's them use it every couple of months with the hopes they'll eventually purchase it.

At this point I think I've only got one or two more that I need, so I'll just stick with him. It doesn't bother me all that much, as it's fraternity symbols and most people understand it.

But it's faded so those things work. I would hate to have a big one with color, though.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

i seen something on tv maybe 2 years ago.. a woman volenteered for the audience who had a tattoo on her arm.. doctors gave her a few injections into the tattoo, the ink came to the surface of the skin and rubbed off.. anything ever come of this method?

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by petesman:

i seen something on tv maybe 2 years ago.. a woman volenteered for the audience who had a tattoo on her arm.. doctors gave her a few injections into the tattoo, the ink came to the surface of the skin and rubbed off.. anything ever come of this method?

Yes. It went the way of "Bloodless no-touch surgery".

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors