Shapiro Controversy?!?!

Have you seen this: http://www.wolfhair.com/scars.htm

Check out the red side, on the bottom. Is that the same Ron Shapiro out of MN - the one that I can't seem to find a negative word written about? Agreed, this is 2 mos. post op from '95, but still...

I've narrowed my list to a few and Shapiro is on it. Scar is a major concern to me. Thoughts?

Have you seen this: http://www.wolfhair.com/scars.htm

Check out the red side, on the bottom. Is that the same Ron Shapiro out of MN - the one that I can't seem to find a negative word written about? Agreed, this is 2 mos. post op from '95, but still...

I've narrowed my list to a few and Shapiro is on it. Scar is a major concern to me. Thoughts?

Are you saying that is a bad scar? It looks pretty narrow and fairly straight, with only a small red spot. And it's only two months post-op.

If it is that much of a concern to you, go to Dr Wolfe for your transplant.

That scar doesn't look bad or abnormal. I had a dark red line for about two months as well. It is now still pink almost 3 months post op, but it gets better all the time.

If you want no scar, do FUE. I assure you that Shapiro uses suturing that will result in minimal scarring.

I had two infections on my donor scar post op at different times. Sometimes you just can't control everything. I used a triple antibiotic and the infections disappeared after 3-5 days with no lingering problems.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

This scar is from two procedures. The first scar was excised and this scar is from the same location. It has not caused me any problems whatsoever in eight years. I don't know it's there and it's easily covered by my hair even when short. I show it to prospective patients to whom it has never been an issue. No patient has decided not to have surgery after seeing this scar and it helps them make their decsision to have strip excision surgery. There should be no "Shapiro Controversy" based on this scar and I would recommend Dr. Shapiro without reservations.

My scar looked very similar up until about 3 months post-op. Now at 4 months +, my wife is consistently astounded at how thin (1mm and shrinking) and hard to find it is. The redness and pinkness has gone, and I've been rubbing it with Aloe mixed w/ Emu Oil at least a couple times a week which definately seems to have helped with the healing...