2557 grafts/Dr. Rahal

DeDom

thank you DeDom.

Did you consult stopping V-E and moving to Aloe Vera with Dr. Rahal?

And do you mind detailing how do you apply the Aloe Vera Gel on the recipient area and the scar?

I am a Dr. Rahal patient too icon_smile.gif

-----------------------------------

Dr. Rahal 2745 grafts (3-Dec-08)

Hi Petro,

it was part of my own experience and the experiences of many patients in our german forum. It was very important for me to apply only natural stuff (and no alcohol!) on the recipient. You can't go wrong with that.

I don't use Aloe on my scar. As I told you in my blog I apply Kelocote Spraygel once a day for three months. It's very expensive (90 Euros/3-4 weeks), but I think it helps to reduce scarring. Actually my scarline is nearly invisible. As you can see...

@Fanc: Thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated. Still a long way to go. But I can easily hide my HT by my native hair. That's a great advantage. Doldrums do not kill me :-)

Thank you DeDom for taking the time to answer my questions icon_smile.gif.

More questions please icon_smile.gif, when did u stop using Aloe Vera? and since you applied it three to four times a day, do you wash your recioient area before each time to clean it or you just apply it over the previous apply?

By the way, i bought Kelocote Spraygel today so i will also start using it. Do u have any tips on using it?

thank you so much.

-----------------------------------

Dr. Rahal 2745 grafts (3-Dec-08)

Hi Petro,

I'd like to see your pics ;-)

No, I didn't wash my hair before using Aloe Vera. If my recipient seems to be dry, I'll apply it. But be careful. Only use Aloe Vera without any alcohol!!!

Regarding Kelocote: Use it on dry skin and let Kelocote air-dry for three or four minutes after applying. It should remain on your scar for 24 hours. Just wash the scar zone each day with baby shampoo and apply Kelocote again. You should use it at least 60 days.

• 2 weeks later...

DeDom - Looks good. How do you think the density will be compared to the native hairs behind? Was it your goal to have it completely densely packed (naturally looking of course) or a gradual density.

I agree, it's gonna look good! Can't wait to see your results.

compared to the native hairs behind? Was it your goal to have it completely densely packed (naturally looking of course) or a gradual density.

I agree, it's gonna look good! Can't wait to see your results.

It was my goal to have it completely densepacked, but Dr. Rahal harvested 557 extra grafts. It was hard for him to estimate how much he could get - because of the two old stretched scars in my donor area.

I'm exactly 8 weeks post OP now and a few hundred "babys" are growing. At this point and after a hairstyle, my head looks better than before. I'm very happy. Will update my weblog next week. I was a high speed grower after my first surgery. I hope nothing's gonna change this time.

• 2 weeks later...

@Azza: How is it going? I'm very busy right now, but I'll post my 9-week-pics tonight. Promised! I wonder that there's a lot of growth at this point. But to be honest: It's difficult and nearly impossible to make photos of all those very fine, tiny and colourless hairs. You would need a magnifier to see them. But I tell you: At 7 weeks post OP I reached the point, when it looked better than before the surgery (after a hairstyling of course).

@Rachmunas: I think it was 0,7cm in the frontal centre of my hairline at an outside estimate. You can see Rahals hairline-design at my weblog.

• 2 weeks later...

With 2557 grafts in such a small area I think you may end up with a really impressive result. How are you feeling about things so far? icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

• 1 month later...