2557 grafts/Dr. Rahal

DeDom

Hey guys,

I went through it! On November 3rd I had my procedure with Dr. Rahal and his amazing staff in Ottawa. We wanted to get 2000 grafts but ended with 2557 (800x1, 1428x2, 347x3 = 4697 hairs). It wasn't easy to estimate how many grafts we could expect, because Rahal had to remove two 7cm-scars from my first procedure with a german clinic which had stretched more than just a bit. It could have been my fault. I started lifting weights after 3,5 weeks post op in June 2007. Will never do that again!

My main concern while talking to Dr. Rahal prior surgery was to get this fu...scars out of my donor area and get one new thin scar. Hopefully it will turn out great. As Dr. Rahal said, the mobility of my skin is more than good. He worked very engaged on the scar ??“ more than one hour I think. The whole procedure took about 8 hours (8am-4.30pm).

Honestly, at first I was shocked a bit about those 557 extra-grafts ??“ all in all there have been 4100 (!) grafts implanted in the zones 1 and 2 during the last 18 months. That's quite a lot for a Norwood 2/3. Now I hope that this extreme dense packing does not affect the survival rate of the grafts. We'll see.

I want to say thank you to Dr. Rahal, his team and Moe, the best taxi-driver of the world. They all made me feel at ease. Dr. Rahal is a warm, gentle, professional, engaged person and a very good Listener. As I am a big hockey-fan he ordered two NHL-Tickets (Ottawa Senators vs. NY Islanders) for me and Azza, who sits in his chair right now.

P.S.: Feel free to have a look at my weblog.

post_op1-front.jpg.d2f97692374d3e45ecd9d34ad9953763.jpg

Hey guys,

I went through it! On November 3rd I had my procedure with Dr. Rahal and his amazing staff in Ottawa. We wanted to get 2000 grafts but ended with 2557 (800x1, 1428x2, 347x3 = 4697 hairs). It wasn't easy to estimate how many grafts we could expect, because Rahal had to remove two 7cm-scars from my first procedure with a german clinic which had stretched more than just a bit. It could have been my fault. I started lifting weights after 3,5 weeks post op in June 2007. Will never do that again!

My main concern while talking to Dr. Rahal prior surgery was to get this fu...scars out of my donor area and get one new thin scar. Hopefully it will turn out great. As Dr. Rahal said, the mobility of my skin is more than good. He worked very engaged on the scar ??“ more than one hour I think. The whole procedure took about 8 hours (8am-4.30pm).

Honestly, at first I was shocked a bit about those 557 extra-grafts ??“ all in all there have been 4100 (!) grafts implanted in the zones 1 and 2 during the last 18 months. That's quite a lot for a Norwood 2/3. Now I hope that this extreme dense packing does not affect the survival rate of the grafts. We'll see.

I want to say thank you to Dr. Rahal, his team and Moe, the best taxi-driver of the world. They all made me feel at ease. Dr. Rahal is a warm, gentle, professional, engaged person and a very good Listener. As I am a big hockey-fan he ordered two NHL-Tickets (Ottawa Senators vs. NY Islanders) for me and Azza, who sits in his chair right now.

P.S.: Feel free to have a look at my weblog.

Hey guys,

updated my weblog with 14-days-post-OP-pictures:

- Shedding started after 12 days post OP. I guess, 40-50 percent of the grafts have already disappeared.

- Even though Dr. Rahal extremely dense packed the grafts, my recipient area is only slightly pinkish.

- Scar looks great right now, but I know that doesn't mean a lot. Anyhow, actually it looks better than after my first surgery. Fingers crossed.

Comments are appreciated!

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=2385&WebID=983

Looked at your blog and you are right where you are supposed to be. Say goodbye to those little hairs!!

Like Bill, I disagree with the one posters comments about the dense packing. I think it is going to be super dense and you will be thrilled with the results!

Suture removal was a breeze wasn't it?

Keep healing well!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

The work looks great and yer coming along nicely. This should def yield a super-dense hairline.....like Eman/Bill I have no clue why someone would question the density.....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by DeDom:

Hey guys,

updated my weblog with 14-days-post-OP-pictures:

- Shedding started after 12 days post OP. I guess, 40-50 percent of the grafts have already disappeared.

Hi Dedom

Your lucky I still have some residual redness

Howa re you doing with Numbness and itching these have been my problems after my Rahal OP on the 27th of August

- Even though Dr. Rahal extremely dense packed the grafts, my recipient area is only slightly pinkish.

- Scar looks great right now, but I know that doesn't mean a lot. Anyhow, actually it looks better than after my first surgery. Fingers crossed.

Comments are appreciated!

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=2385&WebID=983

Hey guys,

thanks for all your comments. Much appreciated!

@Predator: No itching at all. But there's a lot of numbness above the scar. I think, that's quite usual, some nerves have been cut by the strip. It'll take some months to get back to normality - honestly I had expected it.

Speedy growth to you, Predator. Only a few weeks up to your starting point!!!!!

Aloha guys,

updated my weblog with three week pics http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...e-page.asp?WebID=983. Most of the transplanted hairs came off, no more redness at all in the recipient zone. scar is nearly invisible (still some shockloss) at this point.

Started with Minox Foam 14 days post OP twice a day. I'm already on 1,25 mg Proscar and 3000mg MSM/day.

I apply Kelocote Spraygel (it persists on your skin for 24h/you should use it for 90 days) every morning to soften the scar and to eliminate stretching. Additionally I use Aloe Vera Gel (with 2% Panthenol) several times each day to moisturize the recipient zone.

Take care

DeDom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DeDom,

your results look great, i hope u the best of all in the following months.

I have a question, when did u start using Aloe vera and when did u stop using vitamin E?

thank u for your time.

-----------------------------------

Dr. Rahal 2745 grafts (3-Dec-08)

Hi Petro,

I stopped using Vitamin-E-Oil after 10 days and started with Aloe Vera Gel (no alcohol in it but only 98 % Aloe and 2 % Panthenol!!!). I applied Aloe Vera three or four times a day to keep the recipient area moist.

Take care