Uncjim: Happily Ever After

uncjim

Hi all,

I'm now 14 months post op from my final repair surgery with Dr. Jerry Wong of Hasson and Wong. It's over!

I've updated my Weblog and also included a Photo Album (link below) that has somehow disappeared, after being visible for a short while. Hopefully this can be rectified. Thank you all and thanks to HTN for the opportunity to share my story.

UNC

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/663106881

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Hi all,

I'm now 14 months post op from my final repair surgery with Dr. Jerry Wong of Hasson and Wong. It's over!

I've updated my Weblog and also included a Photo Album (link below) that has somehow disappeared, after being visible for a short while. Hopefully this can be rectified. Thank you all and thanks to HTN for the opportunity to share my story.

UNC

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/663106881

Jim,

Congratulations on a successful hair restoration transformation. You have every right to be thrilled and now live "happily ever after" :-)

I'll go ahead and move this over to the "Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews" section.

It also seem the link you presented is working for me - so I'm not sure what's disappeared?

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for moving my thread and for your kind words. It sure does feel good.

I found my Photo Gallery after creating it, by doing a search on the title. That's how I included the link. I just now found it in the "Hair Restoration Questions and Answers" section. Previously I thought it was elsewhere, like the section where I'm posting now. On the other hand, maybe it's just old age kicking in! Either way..Thank You.

Young Success,

Hey, at 55 years I would have killed for this 62 year old head of hair! Thanks so much.

Jim

Fantastic transformation! How did the good doctor manage to do three strips from your already depleted donor? Without any visible scaring, that's amazing!

Congratulations!

JJ,

Thank you. The plug work wasn't done via strip, but with a punch instrument, which resulted in my donor area being filled with circular scars. This didn't affect the elasticity of my scalp, which happens to be quite good. This allowed for the 3 strips. The strip, due to the scaring, yielded far less grafts. In my opinion, if my scalp had been untouched, the strips would have yielded 50% more.

UNC

JJ, Thank you. The plug work wasn't done via strip, but with a punch instrument, which resulted in my donor area being filled with circular scars. This didn't affect the elasticity of my scalp, which happens to be quite good. This allowed for the 3 strips. The strip, due to the scaring, yielded far less grafts. In my opinion, if my scalp had been untouched, the strips would have yielded 50% more. UNC

Thanks for clarifying that. icon_smile.gif

Eman,

Thank you. It has been a long road and I'm happy to have come to it's end. I appreciate your kind words and your interest.

Dr. Rahal's work looks exceptional, with your temples balancing everything off perfectly. I'll be following your progress.

UNC

That looks terrific. I love the thread title - happily ever after - and hope that will be me one day!

By the way, can I ask what you mean by 'Elvis Temples'? I've seen you use that phrase elsewhere. I'm probably the only one in the dark!

Best wishes.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Acrobaz,

Thanks for the compliment. I wish you Happily Ever After also. From what I see of your post-op pics, it's looking good.

"Elvis Temples" are what I demanded from Dr. Wong when I met him, "Make me look like Elvis or else!" I'm kidding of course. I love the question. I referred to the initial temple work back in 2002 as "Elvis Temples" just to be funny. I was so thrilled with how aggressive Dr. Wong was, that it just came to me. I mean, we're talking about The King here!

The attachment shows the evolution of my temples from 2002 to today. You can gauge it by the birth mark just below the hairline. Also, I haven't colored my hair..honest. It's just the difference in cameras and lighting.

Thanks for the inquiry. I makes my day.

UNC

Temple_Evolution.jpg.498e5cb8dbfb0d55f6b25425840a524a.jpg