looking out for HT doc in India

Karan

Is this Reddy the same as Dr. Ashok Reddy in Hyderabad, India? Is Reddy part of the name or does it mean something else?

Jagdish had a very out-of-date HT with Dr. Ashok Reddy in Hyderabad. He doesn't look too bad at the moment because he has hair amongst the plugs that grew out but once he loses that hair, he is going to have doll's hair and the old school plugs will be very visible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello All,

This is my first post to this forum and I am happy seeing a lot of information being exchanged here about the HT procedures and doctors in India.

I am seriously considering HT in India and have emailed a couple of doctors and would like to know if you guys have any comments and suggestions for me.

Please let me know your experiences about

1. Dr. AP, Delhi

2. Dr. Mahadevia, Ahmedabad and

3. Dr. Ashok Reddy, Hyderabad.

Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated and will reduce a lot of burden on me.

Jagdish, I ahve read your posts about Dr. Ashok Reddy and have you seen any improvement in his work?

thanks a lot,

• 2 months later...
Guest prabu

Hai jagdish,

myself prabu , iam new to this forum.

i seen ur videos in you tube it was good...

i hope u guys help me out..

yes, iam also in the same track ..iam losing confidence b'coz of my hair fall,for the last few years my volume of hair keep on reducing.and my hair line and scalp is little bit visible..

As u all aware -precaution is better than cure..

I want to atleast keep the same volume of hair forever..so what i need to do for that..

while browsing all your previous posts i came to know that finasteride is the only way for this stupid problem.

so shall go for that without conslting any doctor..is it adviseble?

I very much eager on looking your advice..plz hep me

regards,

prabu

Originally posted by L'Anonyme:

Karan, I wouldn't be directing my questions exclusively to jagdish. I've been more of a lurker on this forum thus far than anything else, but I found this whole thread interesting b/c you really don't seem to have done your homework, and it also sounds like you are getting bad medical advice about the drugs you've started taking. DO NOT get a hair transplant in India, PERIOD. Forget about finding a HT doctor in India, and come to the United States or Canada for your procedure(s). Also, if your doctor there is telling you to take finasteride only twice a week, you are receiving very bad medical advice. You need to take finasteride **EVERY DAY** for it to work for you, and you should preferably be taking Propecia manufactured by Merck in the USA, not a generic equivalent manufactured in India.

This is Dr Rajesh Rajput in reply. One hair growth cycle in the body is 3&1/2 to 4 months. Any medicine you take must show a change in 2 months and good effect at 4 months. Finasteride trial showed that a dose as less as 0.2mg can achieve over 60% DHT reduction. The drug has very good tissue binding. So much so that if discontinued after one or two cycles - 4 to 8 months- the effect is lost only after 4 to 6 months more. Taking finasteride twice a week works with clinical results that can be counted as improved number per sq cm and improved thickness in microns measured on a computerized Folliscope. Finasteride only stops the damage, works better if combined with minoxidil which improved the blood flow. HOw about building up the weak hair. Only stopping the damage does not add to the new hair. Hair needs aminoacids, antioxidants, iron, calcium, trace elements to grow. Or else you stop the minoxidil and all the hair disappeears, because it was just pushed to grow. Ir was never permenantly built up. A comprehensive treatment is required apart from just finasteride and minoxidil. This I have tried and achieved with Cyclical Medicine Program. See rationale on my site www.hairlossindia.com.

Hello all, just a fellow Indian chiming in. I have been reading the threads about possible HT in India but the chances look a little less. For now I think USA or Canada is the best option. I know that many people cant afford it but there should not be any "hanky-panky" with this issue. I wish all of you find the best option available!

• 3 weeks later...

hey friends!

this is my first post to this forum.

i read all the opinions and suggested ways to help in hair loss. Its fantastic to know that few have real information about the hair loss.

well i am also a user of minoxidil 5% and finastride. i have some the questions in mind that i think i should post here as i'm sure few of u can help me out... as using minoxidil and finastride is not effecting so good.

so here i am:

my first question is:

1) Is 5 alphs reductase enzyme is important to our body. if yes then why? and if not then what exactly could be a possible way to inhibit it.

2)I have searched and found out that some of the experiments r done for the gene therapy and hair follicule cloning. if anybody is known to these therapies then can u plz let me know where i can have it.

3) If finastride(1 mg) is taken twice in a day then what could be the effects of it. (good and bad both).

Friends i desperately need the answers for my questions, so if somebody from u can help me out, plz do it.

regards

PRASHANT

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Bill,

I have few more questions!

The caution in finax tablet says that content of finasteride will be in sperms and hence men should avoid direct contact with women who are or may become pregnant....

1. Do we need to avoid intercourse during pregnancy? If not, is it mandatory to use Condom?

2. As it resides in sperms, I believe the drug would pass on to the women during intercourse. In this case, how many days or months would it take for the drug to go out of the women's body? Is it safe to get pregnant even when the drug is residing in women's body?

3. What are the long term side effects of Finax? Will it lead to some sort of cancer?

Thanks in advace..

Raja VS

Originally posted by Karan:

I am 29 yrs old and have lost hair towards the front side of the scalp. I have tried out Dr. Batra's homeo treatment and found it to be of no use. I later approached Dr. Ashok Reddy in Hyderabad but did not proceed ahead after our first meet as I wanted to research further. Dr. Ashok Reddy of Hyderabad, India quotes Rs. 20,000 ($ 450) for HT process.I was also told to be on medication - Finax which I understand has few side effects.

Researching further, I have recently visited Rich Feel, Mumbai and started using their serenoa complex tablets ( saw palmetto + horetail plant). They say the hair fall would decrease after 3 months of this medicine usage.I am told that I am in the stage 3 of 7 the balding process.

Rich feel sited an approximate figure of Indian rs. 130,000 ($ 3000) for a Hair transplantation to cover up the lost hair.

Very recently, I visited Dr. Puli Ravindra Reddy, HT surgeon of Hyderabad. He quoted a price of Rs. 35,000.

I have the following questions to be answered.

1) Does Serenoa complex substitute Finax in retaining my existing hair?

2) Why is there such price fluctuation across Hyderabad and Mumbai? Is it due to any quality standard issues or is it due to some technical reason or is it the commerical part.

3)Can anyone help me with your understanding about Dr. Puli Ravindra Reddy? He seemed to me to be a better HT doctor.

Please suggest me

Thanks

Karan,

Its best to research well before your ht. Its not just about costs or locations. its about your future appearance. I cant imagine how people are going about shopping for ht thinking its the same everywhere.

I saw Dr. Arvind's patient in person in Delhi and I also saw Dr. Rajput's graft placement on his own patient Sahil.

Theres a world of difference. But the websites say the same words. the doctors say the same words.

I suggest anyone wishing to go for a ht MUST meet a few patients beforehand. Try to meet those that are like you in terms of hair and hairloss.

Originally posted by Dr Rajesh Rajput:

This is Dr Rajesh Rajput in reply. One hair growth cycle in the body is 3&1/2 to 4 months. [/url].

phew!. Now that I focus on your posts Dr. Rajput, you seem to be seriously undereducated for your job.

Or, I am misinformed (something I doubt).

You say that hair have a growth cycle of 4 months?! Theway you say it makes it appear that all hair on the body, including scalp hair have a 4 month cycle. I asked Dr. Arvind and he says that the scalp hair have approx. 3 YEARS growth phase and the full cycles often lasts 3.5 years.

Any replies?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Bill, I am taking Finax for the past 2 weeks and I feel like there is less sex drive than earlier and I also see a problem in erection. Is there any medicene available to overcome these side effects while taking Finax?

Guest wanthairs

raja.....

take the finasteride every other day not every day. According to my doctor it has the same benefits without the side effects....

add rogaine and 5% nizoral

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Karan,

I am taking treatment from Richfeel, mumbai . I am on medication Serenoa Complex , Jaborandi HairOil and fortunately hair loss stopped.

But doctor told, Serenoa and green tea intake could stop the hairloss only for 1 yr max . Hair Transplant is must in my case at one point of time. Richfeel charging 65 bucks per follicle.

I came to know about puli ravindra reddy in hyd. It seems he is a gud HT doctor compared to others.

I think by this time you would have gathered information about puli ravindra reddy.

I am in a confusion whether to go for HT at Richfeel or Puli Ravindra reddy. Please suggest.

Originally posted by Karan:

I am 29 yrs old and have lost hair towards the front side of the scalp. I have tried out Dr. Batra's homeo treatment and found it to be of no use. I later approached Dr. Ashok Reddy in Hyderabad but did not proceed ahead after our first meet as I wanted to research further. Dr. Ashok Reddy of Hyderabad, India quotes Rs. 20,000 ($ 450) for HT process.I was also told to be on medication - Finax which I understand has few side effects.

Researching further, I have recently visited Rich Feel, Mumbai and started using their serenoa complex tablets ( saw palmetto + horetail plant). They say the hair fall would decrease after 3 months of this medicine usage.I am told that I am in the stage 3 of 7 the balding process.

Rich feel sited an approximate figure of Indian rs. 130,000 ($ 3000) for a Hair transplantation to cover up the lost hair.

Very recently, I visited Dr. Puli Ravindra Reddy, HT surgeon of Hyderabad. He quoted a price of Rs. 35,000.

I have the following questions to be answered.

1) Does Serenoa complex substitute Finax in retaining my existing hair?

2) Why is there such price fluctuation across Hyderabad and Mumbai? Is it due to any quality standard issues or is it due to some technical reason or is it the commerical part.

3)Can anyone help me with your understanding about Dr. Puli Ravindra Reddy? He seemed to me to be a better HT doctor.

Please suggest me

Thanks

Hi All Guys,

This is First time i am visiting the site.i am 26 years old.

jagdish,

I have a query.You have mentioned about the finax and other prescriptions.Till how many years we can use these all the prescriptions.Do we have any End Date for this medicines?

If we stops using them is again our hairloss problem will be there?

Plz suggest me bcz i am facing the same problem of hairloss.

hi im 20 ,

my doc asked me to use finax for 12 days almost 2 mg a day ..and dude i am one of those 2 % men to suffer from its side effects..ne1 knows how long will it take to get back to normal?or any other drug as asked by raja ? ...dunno how to deal with it..so i just stopped it .. neway ,..does ne1 know any other specific safe method to keep the hairfall in control

Im currently using minox 2 % once a day at nite.

Can ne1 also teme how effective is the Laser Comb?

tx in advance...and plz teme if i shud take finax again or is there any substitute for it ?

I have also visited Dr Rajesh Rajput in Mumbai.

Like Karan, I too am taking Rajput's medicines.

I definately have seen a change.

As mentioned in the post at the link below, he said that planned ht is much better than a hasty one and asked me to take medicines before I do the HT, thus helping my hair get stronger.

I am not sure how strong they got but there seems to be a little improvement. I have pictures from Jan and June 2007 also posted at the link below.

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/746...731063533#8731063533

Karan, how long have you been taking his medicines ? any improvement ? got any pics ?

I also agree that Canada and US is better for HT but unfortunately is something too expensive for me. I will be visiting Vancouver (Canada) next month for offical work and that is where Dr Hassan (Dr used/recommended by the admin Bill), but I might not be able to spend the kind of fees that his treatment required -icon_frown.gif

Hi Bill,

In case you happen to read this thread...

You had once before replied to a question that I had on cost of HT. I had asked you if you might be able to tell me how much Dr Hassan charges ? I am for some reason not able to see that reply of yours anymore.

Do you mind letting me know once more please ?