First visit with Dr. Reed

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum and I wanted to start by thanking all those who do such a wonderful job in maintaining this forum and in making it so informative.

I am a 30 year old male thinking about a hair transplant - after reading a lot of the posts here, I have scheduled an initial consultation with Dr. Bill Reed at La Jolla (I live in the LA area).

Can you please give me some advice on what I can expect during this first visit, and what issues I need to make sure are covered during our first discussion?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum and I wanted to start by thanking all those who do such a wonderful job in maintaining this forum and in making it so informative.

I am a 30 year old male thinking about a hair transplant - after reading a lot of the posts here, I have scheduled an initial consultation with Dr. Bill Reed at La Jolla (I live in the LA area).

Can you please give me some advice on what I can expect during this first visit, and what issues I need to make sure are covered during our first discussion?

Thanks a lot!

Quasi,

You are about to receive an amazing amount of info here. From the sound of your question it sounds like you are new to this. Just so you know the consultation will go over if you are a candidate, that has many factors, Bill will be able to help you find that post that he wrote. Then you will go over your donor area and get an estimate on what you got to work with, then you recipient area and what "realistic" results you can achieve. Price and all the other details will be explained. I suggest you take at least a good year or two (if you have to put a time limit on it) to research. Learn different techniques (F.U.E vs strip) etc... If you have done this than you and one step ahead than most people, if not you have a long road ahead of you. Please don't chose a Doc just because he is close to you, travel to get a lifetime investment. Not saying your local doc is bad, but there are amazing qualified docs out there. Be patient, be informed, and be cautious. I hope this helps take care....

You only live once...

Quasi,

Arrie has given you some excellent advice.

Dr. Reed does quality ultra refined follicular unit transplantation.

I encourage you to take your time and research all there is to know about hair transplantation before moving forward.

I encourage you to read the following Hair Loss Q&A Blogs:

What should I consider when researching hair transplantation?

Am I a Good Candidate For a Hair Transplant?

Feel free to use the "find" feature of our community to research any specific topics and/or to read hair transplant patient experiences and before/after pictures.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you very much for your thoughtful responses. I had my first meeting with Dr. Reed yesterday and I have to say that everything I had read about him in these forums rang true - he was very considerate, thoughtful, honest and came across as being extremely reliable.

However after taking a lot of factors (medication, money, expected results) into consideration, I have decided to opt out of having a HT and stay happy the way I am for now.

Thanks to everyone who weighed in with their comments.