Hi Can anyone pls suggest a good HT Surgeon in INDIA

Hi,

I am a new member to this site. I lost hope on HAIR until I stumbled on this site 2 days back. This site gave me a hope in HT. I am planning to do HT.

I have been reading the blogs of Pat, jagdish, Billero & Gorpy the past 2 days.

I have been really impressed with the wealth of information on this site.

About me

I am 36 yrs

NW6

No finax / propecia

I am visiting India and looking for any good HT Surgeons there, Can anyone pls suggest a good surgeon.

Thanks,

CAPRICORN

Hi,

I am a new member to this site. I lost hope on HAIR until I stumbled on this site 2 days back. This site gave me a hope in HT. I am planning to do HT.

I have been reading the blogs of Pat, jagdish, Billero & Gorpy the past 2 days.

I have been really impressed with the wealth of information on this site.

About me

I am 36 yrs

NW6

No finax / propecia

I am visiting India and looking for any good HT Surgeons there, Can anyone pls suggest a good surgeon.

Thanks,

CAPRICORN

In India? I think Dr. ILLCALCUTTAYOUUP. 2 days of research, holy crap get back to the call center I'm having problems with my puter sanjia.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

• Administrators

Capricorn,

Welcome to our community. I'm sorry for the comment made by Aquarius.

I wish I knew of an outstanding and ethical hair transplant surgeon that we could recommend on this site. But at this time I don't. I'm aware of a couple of surgeons in India who have self promoted themselves on the forums. But I have reservations about them.

I suggest you get familiar with the work you see on this site that is being done by North American clinics and then make sure the clinic you choose in India is producing results that are as good. If you don't find comparable results and technique you might consider traveling outside India for your surgery.

I'd appreciate you posting any thing that you learn. It would be a great service to hair loss sufferers in India to find a solid physician to recommend.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hi Capricorn,

PLEASE do yourself the favor of picking the right doctor the first time. Pick one of the top docs recommended on this site. I cant stress this enough!

DO NOT pick a random doc from India. You will regret it for the rest of your life. Or atleast when you have to do the following repairjobs.

ty

Capricorn,

Pat has given you some good advice. Consider traveling outside of india if you don't find someone comparable to those physicians who use up to date and current technology and techniques.

If you absolutely cannot travel outside of India, you MAY want to check out Dr. Arvind...though I don't know much about him, it APPEARS that his work may be solid.

Keep in mind, I am not recommending that you go to him, only that you consider researching him. I am not comfortable enough with his work at this point to recommend him, but it does appear that his post op work looks good. I have not seen any finished results from him at this point.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Only after visiting this site I understood that HairtranslpLant really works, It is only after reading all your experiences did I get the confidence to think about HT. Thanks to all of you for enriching this forum thru your experiences.

Otherwise if I search on the web it was very difficult to seprate the grain from the chaff, too many butchers lurking around to make money out of our misery.

Folks I have thought about all the available options, with the encouragement of my family I have finally decided to go ahead with FUHT Strip(3500- 4000)grafts for the FRONT and TOP with Dr A next week.

I will upload my before Pics now, Post Op pics at my first opportunity, I will keep all of you updated with my progress. Folks Please wish me Good luck.

I even heard that Dr Sanusi Umar had been trained on BHT with Dr A. I checked that on his website.

Again just to answer about the deciding factors

1. Budget constraints.

2. I did get in touch with a couple of folks who have got HT thru him. All the feedback has been positive.

3. I have been sifting thru the messages in this forum & others, He seems to be the only best bet so far in India, and had a nearest appointment date.

I heard he uses SUTURES & not staples, the sutures need not be removed.

They asked me to get Blood Sugar & BP&CT(clotting tests) done before the HT.

Do I have to take PROPECIA & Apply Minoxidil after the HT. The last time I used propecia for only 6 - 8 mths, I did not find any noticeable change(not sure if it works for all)

Thanks a million folks,

You guys are great.

CAPRICORN

I understand your cost issues. There is a great deal of sticker shock in this business. There is definitely a big price difference, even outside the USA. For example:

4000 grafts by H&W in North America: $14840

4000 grafts by Dr Path in Thailand: $8537 ($6303 difference)

4000 grafts by Dr. A in India: $4500 ($4037 difference, $10,340 total)

And while many people will say that you should never consider a doc that is not on the approved list, not many are stepping up to explain where the additional cash might come from.

It is my understanding that Dr. A was on the approved list, but was removed for using photos that were not his own. That's not good. On the other hand, he was NOT removed because he did bad work.

Dr. Path has been considered, but apparently has, for reasons unknown, not chosen to apply. Dr. Path has over a two month waiting list and has worked with Dr. Wong at H&W.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Capricorn,

I encourage you to continue your research...you are definitely asking some good questions.

Here are some additional thoughts.

You will never regain a "full head of hair". At best, you can achieve a good amount of coverage and decent density if your donor area will allow for it. Given the amount of loss you have, I strongly success that you travel outside of India for your surgery (as I've stated above). Dr. Hasson comes to mind since he is known for his "mega" mega sessions. Of course, it still all depends upon donor laxity and donor density.

You do not have to take minoxidil or propecia after an HT. Both medications help you keep your native hair. How old are you? Have you lost hair recently? If your hair loss is under control, meaning, you are not losing more, than taking the medication may not be as important especially since you've already lost most of your hair on top.

Bill