One lucky guy!!! Hair Transplant with Dr. Paul Shapiro Progress

GrayFox

I did my homework before my HT, and was prepaired for the worst case...

But I had no red/purple scalp in the transplant area. The only thing that anybody could see was the three days of forehead swelling. No one new that I had a HT.

It has now been three months since my HT with Dr. Paul Shapiro and I have new hair growing already! Looking closely at my scalp (where I knew that the transplanted hair fell out) there are new hairs - almost 1/2" long. The hair in the donor area was a mixture of white and dark hairs, and it is the new dark hair in the transplant area that I noticed first, then looked and found white ones too. The new hair appears to be the same as my native hair, which is fine.

So it appears that I am ahead schedule, and I hope it stays that way!

I did my homework before my HT, and was prepaired for the worst case...

But I had no red/purple scalp in the transplant area. The only thing that anybody could see was the three days of forehead swelling. No one new that I had a HT.

It has now been three months since my HT with Dr. Paul Shapiro and I have new hair growing already! Looking closely at my scalp (where I knew that the transplanted hair fell out) there are new hairs - almost 1/2" long. The hair in the donor area was a mixture of white and dark hairs, and it is the new dark hair in the transplant area that I noticed first, then looked and found white ones too. The new hair appears to be the same as my native hair, which is fine.

So it appears that I am ahead schedule, and I hope it stays that way!

GrayFox,

It's nice to see a fellow Minnesotan on this site. We are lucky to have such a great clinic close to home.

I don't remember whether you've posted before, but I'd love to hear some specifics on your transplant experience.

How many grafts did you get? How old are you? Also, did you have any reservations on choosing Dr Paul Shapiro, being as he is fairly new at this?

Originally posted by Bob C:

GrayFox,

It's nice to see a fellow Minnesotan on this site. We are lucky to have such a great clinic close to home.

I don't remember whether you've posted before, but I'd love to hear some specifics on your transplant experience.

How many grafts did you get? How old are you? Also, did you have any reservations on choosing Dr Paul Shapiro, being as he is fairly new at this?

Bob C

To save you searching my past posts - I am 63 and had 2,711 FUs transplanted, with the individual hair count at 5,888. My hair is mostly grey and baby fine (I started turning grey when I was 13).

I choose Dr. Paul Shapiro, not only because he was close (that helped), but because the Shapiro Medical Group was so highly recomended. The service I got was friendly and professional. I would recomend SMG to anyone.

GrayFox,

Thank you for reporting your progress. I'm happy to hear that you are experiencing early hair growth. Many hair restoration patients aren't so lucky!

For those of you who are looking for his pictures and surgical details, see his hair loss weblog that is also posted under his alias on the left hand side.

Best wishes,

Bill

The best is yet to come

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

GrayFox,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry - I should have checked your weblog and past posts first. I didn't recognize your name, so figured maybe you were brand new on this forum.

As for choosing SMG, what I meant was: Did you have any apprehension in having surgery with Dr Paul S versus Dr Ron S himself?

• 3 weeks later...

Hair loss, also known as baldness refers to excessive hair loss from scalp. It could be due heredity, certain medications or an underlying medical condition like dandruff or lack of proper diet. Some hairs are shed daily, but if the rate of hair fall is more than the growth of new hair it can be classified as a case of hair loss. Castor oil is very beneficial in hair loss.