Propecia Picture Album - tracking my growth

Markymarc1981

Marc,

Thank you for creating a Propecia photo album. Be sure also to take a "top down" picture that shows a picture of the full top of your head including the crown. This will help you track your progress a bit better.

I look forward to following your progress.

You may also want to consider adding Rogaine (minoxodil) into your regime which when used together with Propecia gives you the best chance of regrowing hair.

Bill

P.S. I changed the title of your photo album to "Propecia

Album - Tracking My Hair Growth"

There is never a guarantee with hair loss medication. It's very possible that it will help you fight against future hair loss and might even regrow hair, but it is not guaranteed. It is also possible that it will work for awhile but might lessen in positive effect over time.

Transplanted hair is forever which is the good news. But formulating a long term hair restoraton plan with your hair transplant doctor is imperative to long term success.

Bill

I definitely look forward to meeting with a team of professionals to discuss the possibilites. I will be sure to keep you guys updated on my findings and share my experiences. I remain extremely optimistic that I will find a solution that I can live with.

• 4 years later...

Wow I was surprised to see this thread was still alive. We'll to be honest after 4.5 year of consistent use of Proscar I can say overall I'am satisfied with the results. It definitely has help me keep the hair I have, but as far as new growth, I would say it's non-existent. Nothing really works on a receding hairline

about 2 months ago I started using Kirkland 5% minoxidil which I ordered off amazon.com and this stuff is amazing and very inexpensive. No I'm serious, in about 2 months minoxidil completely filled in my crown area. The stuff really works. You have to be discipline and make sure to apply it twice a day.

For me, the only thing left on my hair journey is to restore my recessed hairline. I have a date with Dr. Rahal on June 11th for 3600 graft transplant. Can't wait, I'm very excited.

Marc,

Thank you for keeping us updated! It's always interesting to track progress on a long-term scale.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.