Dr Jeffrey S Epstein

Neil Nelson

Hi there Philly,

Glad to hear it's going so well. Just my two cents on the donor area - pretty much all the soreness in the scar has died down now, after what, 26 days today? I haven't looked at the scar for a few days, but it certainly feels better, and the expected numbness above the scar is starting to abate - much more feeling there now. Interesting that your hair fall has picked up pace now - I've pretty much lost all mine already, save about 1% or 2%, if that. I'm applying the 5% Rogain twice a day as prescribed.

Paris, if you're concerned about post op appearance, for what it's worth I grew my hair at the back to about 1.5 to 2 inches pre op, and as a result there has been absolutely no visible evidence of surgery to the outside world. In actual fact I've now decided to let it continue to grow longer at the back, and cultivate a "Bono" ageing rock star style this year. I'm going to call it my "mid-life crisis" style!

How cool (or not!) this looks will depend on how quickly and well the new hair grows in at the front, enabling me to sweep my hair back from the hairline.

If this works it will mean I can forget about the scar for a good many months until I decide to go short again. Unless of course my Company threatens me with disciplinary action on my appearance in the meantime!

2000 FUT's with Dr Jeffrey Epstein

December 17th 2004

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Neil

glad to hear things are working ut for you. I am sure you will be happier now. In the back of myhead, soreness was present for the first 2 weeks but after that, I do not even feel a scar exists in that area. Over the last 2 days, the hat head has been filling in nicely and blending with the rest of the hair, as the hair shaved in the donor area is growing in to blend with the rest.

How has been other's response to your HT, I know it is too early, but when people see me, and they know I had a HT, they say that they would have never known, even at 3 weeks , yahoooooooo

HT with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

I am 8 weeks post my 2790 HT with Dr. E. All has gone great and my scar is awesome looking. The crown area is filling in from Propecia and the new hairs are starting to sprout.

Glad you are all doing well, it only bolsters my thoughts that my decision to go with Dr. E. was a great one.

Best of luck to all.

hey Neil

glad to hear things are working ut for you. I am sure you will be happier now. In the back of myhead, soreness was present for the first 2 weeks but after that, I do not even feel a scar exists in that area. Over the last 2 days, the hat head has been filling in nicely and blending with the rest of the hair, as the hair shaved in the donor area is growing in to blend with the rest.

How has been other's response to your HT, I know it is too early, but when people see me, and they know I had a HT, they say that they would have never known, even at 3 weeks , yahoooooooo

Hey Philly,

Glad it's going so well for you and you've had such good reactions from people in the know. To be honest, literally only 5 people in the UK knew that I'd had more work done (almost everybody I've ever met in the past 15 years knew I'd had earlier transplants - see above!), and they were astonished at how well the new grafts blended in with my original hair. I didn't have to use Toppik at all (the crusts were hardly visible and came away on their own after 6 days), and I wore my hair perfectly naturally on Christmas Day (day 7) in the company of others, without anybody noticing. And as I said above, the donor area was completely invisible because I'd grown my hair to around 2 inches long pre op as you saw on the day.

Right now you wouldn't know I'd been to Miami, save for the scar under the hair - I'm just looking forward to seeing the new hair come through over the coming months. Just occasionally I wonder if it will all work out as well as we hope, but then I check in on Dr E's website again and look at the stacks of testimonials and photos, and I know I made the right choice.

You too I guess?

December 17th 2004

Telephone man

From my long Long research (3 yrs now), I lerned that the lower part of the back head does not heal that well, and the skin stretches more in that area, so the higher the scar, the less risk of stretching (Not guaranteed, but that is the nature of Scalp tissue). Common sense, tilt your head down and you will see that the lower part of your head and skin stretches.

Paris, I will post more pictures, once I really have something to show for, I still look pretty much the same as teh last picture I posted.

Neil,

Glad you're doing fine. happy healing and keep us posted.

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

• 2 weeks later...

Paris,

Not much has changed since. I notice couple of black spots were the hair is coming out. AHd 5-6 pimple,

Now I look pretty much the same as I did before the HT....sad to see the little ones leave me, but Oh well cannot wait until the new ones fill in the void.

HT_at_5.5_weeks_001.jpg.16f33eb5e05bf194ed548d42711d6431.jpg

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

Philly, Paris,

Just to let you guys know, I've posted a topic on the "Questions for Physicians" forum concerning what now looks to be very severe shock loss around the donor scar in my case.

Paris, if you read the topic and look at the photos, please don't let it deter you from going with Dr E if you are still strongly considering him for your surgery.

The problem I'm experiencing seems to be purely my own scalp's reaction to the procedure. As I've said in the other thread, the irony is my scar line is healing beautifully - which is what I would have expected from Dr E's work.

Regards,

Neil

December 17th 2004

• 2 weeks later...

Philly, Paris,

Hey guys - just a quick update. I've started to see some initial growth of new hair at 7 weeks. Early days yet, but there are at least a couple of dozen stalks coming through at 1mm and higher now. Plus, just a few remnants of the original transplant have stayed in at the front centre and are growing nicely.

Nothing significant to visibly change my original hairline yet, but the signs are looking good. The shock loss patches in the donor area are returning to normal colour and some of the hair around the edges is growing back in, but it's looking like a long haul at the back. However my current longer hairstyle covers that issue completely, so that's okay for now.

No point posting pics as yet, but so far so good.

Philly, how are you doing?

December 17th 2004

Hey Neil

Happy to hear from you and know you are doing fine.

Nothing new here...coping with the cold weather. Boy, I did not notice the Big head in the picture I posted before...I will try to resize any new pics I post...

as far as the hair, i have seen some hirs popping out....Nothing to speak of...but I think I am seeing some growth...Before the transplant I promised my wife not to get fanatic and start counting and celebrate every hair..So aI am keeping it cool.

I had some problems with pimples last week, I had about 10 of them....and I tell...so far they have been the most annoying part of the transplant experience...Popped a few of them and washed my head afterwards...and apllied rubbing alcohol and neosporin. I always hated pimples...but that is a sign that growth is starting.

Neil, Glad to know that the back is filling in. To tell you the truth, I do not feel or see any type of scar...I do not even know it exists....For a long time before the transplant, I was debating wther I should go with a FUE rather than strip but I am happy that I went with the strip (With the RIGT doctor, s trip yields better results, better survival, and more hairs and less trensection of the follicules) My old hair in the front (Rather the little that was left)grew back after Dr. E trimmed it for the procedure....So besides teh shedding of the tranplanted hair..I have not experienced ny shock loss, anywhere....depends on the person and the procedure...some people experience it some don't. Some experience it with one procedure and notthe other.

Once I start seeing some meaningful growth, i will post more pictures and update the gallery I posted right after the HT.

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Phillyhair:

Did you guys knoiw that Dr. Epstein opened up and office in NYC?

Hey Philly,

How are you, dude? How's progress? Yeah, I saw on Dr E's website that he's opened up a NY office for consultations and post-op care. Obviously he's continuing to do all his surgery in Miami.

I've posted some pics of my progress in my donor area, on my thread in the "Questions" section, if you and Paris are interested in having a look...

Keep well,

Neil

December 17th 2004

Neil,

I had already replied to your post. Great and amazing progress.. you shpould be a happy camper with the progress on the Donor area. It looks great.

I am progressing pretty well, hairline developing nicely...Can't tell where the scar is and just looking for more density, we should start picking up by now... I will add more pictures as I update them

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Phillyhair:

Neil,

What is going on.

HAve not heard from you in a while. How are things going? How is the growth and final look at 9 months?

Hey Philly,

Looking good, my friend. Been a very busy summer on the work front so I've had little time to browse the forum.

I'm conscious I'm overdue sending Dr E 9-month pics, and I was thinking about doing it in the next week or two when I have my next haircut.

Ironically the hairline seems to have strenghtened quite noticeably in=b the past couple of weeks, so it's probably worked out well to wait a while.

I'll put an update in the gallery in here as soon as I can, but to be honest I'm not sure you'd see a great difference from the 4-month update on digital images when my hair is buzzed down to a number 2 at the front. In person, what I think you'd see is more dense coverage overall - disguising the original grafts much more effectively.

The donor area still concerns me slightly - still some shock loss along the scar - we'll have to see how that looks at the 12-month mark.

But overall, very happy with the results and absolutely no regrets about going with Dr Jeff.

Anyway, enough about me - how's your growth going? Are you pleased with the results so far? Does the new hairline look good?

December 17th 2004

Great to hear your news.

I am glad youare doing well and happy with your results.

So far for me, things look great...The hairline is amazing.With the 3000 FU I got, I have a good density. Not even one person could tell that i had a HT. Scar, is unnoticeable..I cannot evn locate it myself. Anyway, I will post some pictures soon as well.

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

Philly and Neil, haven't been in touch with you for a while. I am glad things are coming along so well for you.

Neil, your pics look very good. i am not sure about how much you started with, but at this point, there is no trace of thinning whatsoever, basically a healthy head of hair.

Philly, i am anxious to see some more pics if you dont mind. Your 14 week pics look nice, but you mentioned how your hairline is very natural and dense. would love to seea clear pics of that.

Good luck to both of you.

Paris

Guys,

Just a quick update with a sample of some of the nine-month images that I've sent Dr Epstein this weekend.

In truth, there's not a great difference between these and the four-month images I posted in the photo gallery, which is perhaps testament to the immediacy of the impact of Dr E's surgery in my case.

Philly, looking forward to seeing your update sometime soon.

Regards,

Neil

Outside Shot

Left Side

Right Side

Frontal

Rear

December 17th 2004

I had my procedure with Dr. Epstein in January 2005 and couldn't be happier with the 2200 + graft FHU results. After reading some of the HT's gone bad by other doctors, I was a bit apprehensive about having the procedure at all. After numerous emails to Dr. Epstein and his staff, I knew he was the right doctor for me. I had absolutely no problems and experienced virtually no pain after the procedure, mostly uncomfortable. His staff was professional throughout the procedure and made me feel at ease. I work in an office with lots of lights so I was very concerned with people being able to notice what I had done. When I returned to work, no one could tell I had anything done. If you're contemplating having this surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Epstein. I'm in my early 30's so chances are I will need to have another procedure in 5-10 years. There's no doubt that I will only allow Dr. Epstein to perform the procedure.

RD

Great to hear about your experience. One more confirmation to Dr. Epstein professionalism and consistent results. I promise to post new and updated pictures, but pictures are always a good way to showcase great work done by doctors.

Good luck

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5