Pre-Op Instructions

Guest dude1

Guys,

Thanks for the great post-op suggestions.

How about pre-op? I understand doctors do not want you to put anything on your hair, such as spray or gel. I've become a 'master' using hair spray! Kinda hard to keep my hair, which is fine and thin at this point, in place. Guess I could wear a cap if needed. Also, I've followed the suggestions of no alcohol, asprin and used plenty of vitamin C.

Thanks for your input!

Guys,

Thanks for the great post-op suggestions.

How about pre-op? I understand doctors do not want you to put anything on your hair, such as spray or gel. I've become a 'master' using hair spray! Kinda hard to keep my hair, which is fine and thin at this point, in place. Guess I could wear a cap if needed. Also, I've followed the suggestions of no alcohol, asprin and used plenty of vitamin C.

Thanks for your input!

<What is the purpose of the pineapple extract? Just wondering...>

It's to offset that old Hawaiian disease, lackanooky, that affects most bald men.

Later, you switch to coconut extract to control the effects of cumoniwannalaya, which is generally displayed by women you meet post HT.

Sorry... I couldn't resist. I have no idea what the pineapple extract is for.

Mr. T

Crack me up T!

It's to help control swelling. BUT, check with your doc first - it's slightly anti-coagulating (a blood thinner).

I didn't take it 'cause I'm on a life-long dose of anticoagulent for having an artificial heart valve, and had to carefully monitor my bleeding time prior to surgery.

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice